- This event has passed.
ATC Free Sneak Peek of Snapshots
January 6, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+0
Arizona Theatre Company will present a free 30-minute performance of selected songs from Snapshots, a new musical from Stephen Schwartz, who created Wicked, Godspell and other Broadway smashes. Space is limited. Reservations are preferred. A happy hour selection of wine, appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
• Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016.
• Reception: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Curtain goes up: 6:45 p.m.
• Zazu Pannee, 1502 E. Osborn Road
• Reservations: [email protected] or 602-297-2233 by January 3.
Snapshots is a delightful new musical with a book by David Stern, conceived by Stern and Michael Scheman. A romantic comedy that tells the story of one couple’s changing relationship through the years, from their childhood friendship to their waning marriage decades later.
• In an innovative new musical format, the show features a score comprised of the work of Schwartz, with 25 songs from 12 beloved shows throughout his career. When Schwartz heard about the concept from Stern, he fell in love with the idea, getting personally involved by retuning and adjusting his own songs to better fit the story, bringing new life to the familiar melodies.
• Snapshots is a co-production with Village Theatre in Issaquah and Everett, Wash.
• Tickets for the full production of Snapshots are $28-$68 and can be purchased at www.arizonatheatre.org, by calling (602) 252-8497 or at the Herberger Theater Center Box Office at 222 E. Monroe.
INFO: www.arizonatheatre.org, (602) 252-8497.
Arizona Theatre Company (ATC) is the preeminent fully professional theatre in the state of Arizona committed to inspiring, engaging, and entertaining – one moment, one production, and one audience at a time. Boasting the largest seasonal subscriber base in the performing arts in Arizona, ATC is the only resident company in the U.S. that is fully based in two cities providing its wide array of programming and community outreach across the region. Now in its 49th season, more than 130,000 people a year attend our performances at the historic Temple of Music and Art in Tucson, and the elegant Herberger Theater Center in downtown Phoenix. Each season of home-grown productions reflects the rich variety of world drama—from classics to contemporary plays, from musicals to new works—along with a wide array of community outreach programs, educational opportunities, access initiatives and new play programs. Designated The State Theatre of Arizona, ATC is led by Artistic Director David Ira Goldstein, and a dedicated Board of Trustees.