- This event has passed.
Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships
November 10, 2018 @ 9:45 am - November 11, 2018 @ 10:45 am MST
Less Than Three Weeks Away from the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships. See Star Players like Nacho Figueras and Enjoy Many New Elements November 10th and 11th. The 8th Annual Scottsdale Polo Party will take place at WestWorld of Scottsdale; Gates Open Saturday at 9:45 a.m. & Sunday 10:45 a.m.
The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Horses & Horsepower also known as ‘The Best Polo Event in the World’ is already shaping up to be the best polo event to ever take place in Arizona.
An event first in 2018 – Ralph Lauren model and world-famous polo player, Nacho Figueras who plays polo with the royals and has been called by Vanity Fair among the best looking people in the world, will make his Scottsdale debut at the event. He will represent the three-time defending champions, Aspen Valley Polo Club in the signature match of the day on Saturday starting at 2:15 p.m. Going head to head with Figueras will be another USPA star — Ashley Busch who is married to NASCAR Champion Kurt Busch and will play alongside Centtrip Wales Polo Team in Saturday’s signature match on November 10th.
But that’s not it – enjoy events within the event like the Arizona Humane Society’s Canine Couture presented by Lugari Pet Salon, the World’s Longest Catwalk Fashion Show by Phoenix Fashion Week, a preview of the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction (for 2019 bidder and consigner information click here), special performances by the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show and brand new events for 2018 within the event including;
· New cultural performances during periods of polo play including: The Phoenix Symphony (showcasing Mozart), Phoenix Theatre with some of the great Broadway musical songs of all time, bagpipes performance by Ford Dudley, Phoenix Opera, and the Phoenix Boys Choir.
· New DJ-infused party tents courtesy of the Scottsdale-based Riot Hospitality Group including Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row, El Hefe and Riot House.
· Taking place on Saturday between polo action is the “World’s Farthest Rugby Sevens Match” led by Arizona State University’s rugby team. Watch amazing rugby action played on what may be the longest field ever utilized for a rugby sevens match, nearly two and half times longer than normal.
· The Apex Cup, courtesy of the landmark new Apex Motor Club in Maricopa, Arizona, a country club for car enthusiasts. The Apex Cup will recognize the top cars on site which will include collector cars courtesy of Barrett-Jackson, Ferrari Club of Arizona, Porsche Club, Scottsdale Corvette Club, Arizona Classic Thunderbird Club, AZ Lamborghini Club, Corvette Club of America, as well as cars of Apex members and dozens of other Arizona car owners.
· Hall Pass,the country’s most unusual pop-up sports bar will debut, allowing sports fans to enjoy football and other games on televisions throughout the day, amidst the beautiful backdrop of polo and the McDowell Mountains.
· The all-new F.A.B. Tent, standing for fashion, art and beauty, featuring a pop-up art gallery by the Scottsdale-based Larsen Art Gallery and Auction, sideline massages by the Talking Stick Resort Spa, fashion displays by Evan’s Furs and LoveOverH8, a socially conscious clothing line by local resident Cheryl Najafi and more.
· An expanded event presence by Red Bull, including its skydiving team prior to a match.
· A second, mid-field skybox on the north side of the polo field courtesy of Talking Stick Resort.
· Teams from Aspen Valley, Italy, Wales and elsewhere around the country and the world. They will join the Arizona Polo Club, Polo Azteca and Work To Ride, the first all African-American high school polo champions in American history.
· The summation of the event will be The International on Sunday afternoon, the highest goal match played during the weekend featuring the best players throughout the weekend. These will include Nacho Figueras, Juan Bollini, Pete Webb and others.
· Expanded DJ infused general admission tents including Riot House, Whiskey Row, Sanderson Lincoln Black Label Lounge, Hall Pass, F.A.B. Tent, N2 Publications, The Mark Taylor Residential Luxury Living Room, along with access to two skyboxes. There are also three different VIP experiences:The Barrett-Jackson Champagne & Jazz Lounge, Prime: A Luxury Tent Experience by Steak 44 , Neiman Marcus & Barrett-Jackson, and the Molina Fine Jewelers Drivers & Players VIP Lounge.
· A brand new way to experience the event and watch polo play, field side couples cabanas that includes a bottle of champagne.
For a full list of the events and seating options at the www.ThePoloParty.com where all tickets, tables and tailgating for the 2018 event are now on sale or call 480.423.1414.