- This event has passed.
CARNIVAL 2018 IN TUCSON
February 1, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm MST
THE GUT CHEFS COLLABORATE WITH SAACA & THE RIALTO THEATRE TO PRESENT CARNIVAL 2018 IN TUCSON on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1, from 6pm-9pm,
Rialto Theatre! The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance, GUT Chefs and the Rialto Theatre partner to bring you the official CARNIVAL at the Rialto. The Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday themed charity event, will feature cajun, Rio de Janiero and creole inspired cuisine, as well as dancing to live music. The Rialto Theatre will come alive with the sounds and sights of the Bayou, to kick off a Tucson themed CARNIVAL event. Attendees are encouraged to dress in the spirit of the celebration!
TICKETS $45 EACH. All tickets include menu and cocktail samplings from the participating GUT Chefs, as well as beer sampling for participating breweries. All tickets also include access to event entertainment, and live music, for the ultimate CARNIVAL experience. Use code MEMBER to receive 10% off tickets
GUT CHEFS MENUS & COLLABORATIONS
Chef Marcus Van Winden (The Dutch Eatery & Refuge) collaborating with Max Provost (Private Chef), Nohemi Montoya (HUB Restaurant and Ice Creamery) and Travis Gary Peters (The Parish) to present
• Dirty South Mudbug Rolls n’Gutzz
• Smoked ‘gator boudin sausage with creole mustard
• Green gumbo & grilled kale garlic rice
Chef Tanner Fleming (Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails) accompanied by Devon Sanner (The Carriage House), Tim Moore (Pastiche), and Matt Kraiss (Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails) presenting
• Brazilian Feijoada
• Pao de Quiejo
• Yuca Fries
• Molho Rose
Chef Rocco DiGrazia (Rocco’s Little Chicago) accompanied by Obadiah Hindman (Mountain Oyster Club) and Mat Cable (Fresco Pizzeria and Pastaria)
• Smokey duck boudin balls with kumquat remoulade
• BBQ shrimp & pork belly poboys with charred pickle slaw
• Chicory, celery & chicken heart salad with crispy onions and buttermilk vinaigrette
Chef Chuck Scott (Highlands Bar & Grill) accompanied by Sam Krajnak (Red’s Smokehouse + Tap Room), Buddy Hopkins (Ermanos Craft Beer and Wine Bar) and Rica Rances (The Parish) serving
• Stuffed fresh water shrimp head with a Shrimp mousse
• Corn flour tempura with Smoked chimichurri
• Beef Roulade with charred green onion, pickled carrots, bacon, avocado and Serrano cream
• Coconut flan, filo crisp and sous vide candied plantain topped with a coconut lace garnish.
Chef Jim Murphy (Kingfisher), accompanied by Michael Elefante (Mama Louisa’s) and Ken Foy (Dante’s Fire) serving
• Heritage Red Beans and Carolina Gold Rice and Pickled Pork
• Alligator Gumbo, Cajun Trinity, and Tasso Ham
• Fresh Beignet “Fosters” au Foie
Chef Gina Skelton (Casino del Sol) featuring King Cake
G.U.T is a Union of local Chefs working to further education and give back to Tucson’s diverse culinary community through responsible agriculture and locally sourced ingredients. It is a collaboration of over 30 chefs and food professionals who came together following Tucson’s designation as a UNESCO City of Gastronomy, to foster a culinary community of creativity, professional development and community engagement.
• Four Peaks Single Tank is pure, controlled chaos. Each batch is balanced and delicious, with just enough unexpectedness to keep you coming back. Our brewers take a creative license with each Single Tank to keep you on your toes and always expanding your palate.
• Goose Island, Four Star Pilsner & 312 Urban Wheat
• Golden Road, Point the Way IPA & 329 Day of Sun Lager
• Elysian, Space Dust IPA & Split Shot Milk Stout
The Wildcat Jazz Band, comprised of six world class musicians offers traditional New Orleans and Chicago jazz performed in a spirit and style that is true to its musical roots and wildly popular with audiences around the United States. Founded by New Christy Minstrels veteran Rob Wright and a roster of six Tucson jazz legends, their free-wheelin mix of well known jazz favorites, tongue in cheek originals, dixieland staples has been planting smiles on faces since 2004.
The Wildcat Jazz Band will play live on stage at the Rialto at 7:30pm.