- This event has passed.
February at the Children’s Museum Tucson!
February 4, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
GET A SCIENCE BOOST EVERY WEEK!
Family Brain Boost is a fun, hands-on opportunity for the whole family to get excited about science! At our first Brain Boost, we learned about BUBBLES! Mixing the solution is chemistry. Light refraction is optics. The structure of the bubble is physics. It’s a science extravaganza! Family Brain Boost is at 1 pm every Saturday, and is included with museum admission. The program is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Learn More
DISCOUNT ADMISSION DAYS
Throughout 2016, Children’s Museum Tucson will have $3 30s. On the 30th of each month, admission to the museum will be just $3 per person! Admission will include all our great exhibits, plus regular programs and spontaneous activities by our Discovery Guides. Already a member? Please let your friends know, and give them the chance to experience the joy of learning, discovery and fun!
WIN A FAMILY FUN MEMBERSHIP!
To celebrate our 30th Anniversary, we’ll be giving away Family Fun memberships to Children’s Museum Tucson on the 30th of each month during 2016. The next one will be drawn on Feb. 30 (just kidding! Feb. 29), so get your entry in today! All you have to do is fill out a short entry form. If you have already filled out the form, there’s no need to do it again; you’ll remain in the contest. Already a member? You can extend your membership for year, but be sure to pass the link along to all your friends so they have a chance to win, too! Winners will be notified by email. Congratulations to our first Membership winner, Marilyn Barrett!
NEW MEMBERSHIP CARDS
Our new membership cards started going out last month. These updated cards are permanent – no need for a new one each time you renew. Look out for your cards, and don’t forget to hold onto them. If you are new member waiting for a card, we appreciate your patience. Until you get it, just show your ID at the front desk for admission.
* Story Time! 11 am every Saturday and Sunday, Story Time is included with regular admission.
* Instrument Petting Zoo Sat., Feb. 6; free admission from 10-11 am
* Decorate a Ceramic Heart 11 am Feb. 9,10 and 11.
* Valentine’s Day Celebration 10 am-3 pm Feb. 12.
CMOV February Activity Calendar
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM TUCSON
* Paint a Butterfly 11 am Every Sunday. Be a part of our Butterfly Wall by creating a one-of-a-kind butterfly for our mural. More information here.
* Decorate a Ceramic Heart 2 pm Feb. 13 and 14. $5 fee
* Valentine’s Day Celebration 10 am-1 pm Feb. 14.
* Rodeo Days 11:30 am Feb. 25 and 26. Join us for cowboy-themed activities!
CMT February Activity Calendar
There a number of opportunities to save on admission to both Children’s Museum Tucson and Children’s Museum Oro Valley:
* The Museums for All program offers discounted admission of $2 per person to families who present a SNAP card and valid ID at the entrance. Available at both locations.
* Active Military members with a valid ID can receive one free admission with a paid admission. Available at both locations.
* First Tuesday at CMOV offers $2 per person admission on the first Tuesday of every month. Available at the Oro Valley location only.
* Our Afterschool Special offers $3 admission after 3 pm on Monday-Friday at the Downtown location only.
Our next Member Night is March 4. We’ll have lots of fun activities and crafts with connection to our new Butterfly Garden!
Don’t forget to look for us at the Tucson Festival of Books March 13-14 on the University of Arizona Campus.
We will have our annual Easter Egg Hunt, along with crafts and activities, on Saturday, March 26. This is a regular admission day.
Post Free Events. Include your event description, location, dates and times and contact information. Email to [email protected].
USA Event Calendars: