- This event has passed.
YOUTH CIRCUS SUMMER CAMPS…AND MORE!
May 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 4, 2017 @ 5:00 pm MST
YOUTH CIRCUS CAMP OFFERINGS
Full-Day Camps: 9:00am-4:00pm
Half-Day Camps: 9:00am-12:00noon OR 1:00pm-4:00pm
Week 1: May 30-June 2 (4 days)
Week 2: June 5-9 (5 days)
Week 3: June 12-16 (5 days) * Note: See Below–Cirque du Shemesh
Week 4: June 19-23 (5 days)
Week 5: June 26-30 (5 days)
Week 6: July 5-7 (3 days)
Week 7: July 10-14 (5 days)
Week 8: July 17-21 (5 days)
* Note: See Below–Cirque du Shemesh
**Note: See Below–Special Camp TBD
Week 9: July 24-28 (5 days)
**Note: See Below–Special Camp TBD
Week 10: July 31-August 4 (5 days)
5-Day Camps $480.00 Full-Day; $280.00 Half-Day
4-Day Camps $384.00 Full-Day; $224.00 Half-Day
3-Day Camps $288.00 Full-Day; $168.00 Half-Day
*CIRQUE DU SHEMESH
Shemesh Campers who are entering 2nd-5th grades and who sign up for the VOSJCC Cirque du Shemesh camps, will attend our CSA circus camp in the mornings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Shemesh Campers will be returning to The J in the afternoon to partake in the various activities they offer, such as swimming lessons. On Thursdays the campers go on a field trip, so they will not be attending CSA on Thursday mornings.
The VOSJCC invites you to sign up for this camp through their website. Non-members are welcome to sign up; however, if you have a membership at the VOSJCC, you get a perk…a membership rate. Shemesh Summer Camps: Budding Artists: Cirque du Shemesh
NOTE: Circus School of Arizona will still allow some CSA clients to come to our camps these weeks (though space may be limited)…for campers who choose to stay at CSA the entire day. Afternoon only campers are also welcome. If you choose to sign up for our full-day camp OR the afternoons only, then sign up via CSA.
**SPECIAL CAMP TBD
These two weeks will be almost identical to the other weeks of camp. The only difference is that we will likely be playing hooky for 2 or 3 hours on Thursday mornings. Counselors will walk with the kids in the excruciating AZ heat…but we think your kids will be able to endure the extremely long 0.2-mile walk from CSA to the entrance of Crackerjax! Especially for the royal treatment. There are plenty of fun activities offered that will keep your kids cool should it be too hot for some of the attractions.
CSA Welcomes Girl Scout Troupes to Earn CSA Patches!
Girl Scouts, Teambuilding, Private Parties, and More!
• Girl Scouts Circus Experience: Each participant learns skills in Aerial Acrobatics, Ground Acrobatics, Equilibristics, and Prop Manipulations. Upon completion, each girl scout is awarded a custom CSA patch (featured above). *NOTE: If your troupe has attended a troupe adventure at CSA prior to our custom circus patches, please contact us and we can arrange to get patches to the participants.
• Teambuilding: Business owners, bosses, and employees can learn to work together and depend on each other through group exercises in juggling, flower sticks, plate spinning, the elephant walk, quad trapeze, duo trapeze/lyra, pyramids/duo balancing, wire walking, and more! CSA’s space can also be utilized for a small additional fee to have a meeting before or after the activity.
• Parties: The Circus is for people of all ages…learning circus is beneficial to children, adults, and seniors alike. Consider having birthday parties for participants aged 3-103! CSA has also hosted bachelorette parties and other parties. You will be amazed at what your guests will be able to achieve.
• Senior Workshops: If you believe the old saying, “Old dogs can’t learn new tricks,” when it comes to Circus, this is not the case and “can’t” isn’t in our vocabulary. Some of our colleagues have developed programs for seniors which have shown the cognitive and physical benefits of Circus for Seniors. Rachel and her colleagues have the tools to make senior workshops a success here in Arizona. Seniors will learn prop manipulations, scarf juggling, and much more. We can either have groups come to us, or we can bring the Circus to you!
Senior workshop by Cynthia Rauschert of Circus Move
Founder/Director of CircusMoves–Cynthia Rauschert–has developed a successful program for seniors, which she has recently shared with participants in her workshop at the American Circus Educators EdCon 2016. Rachel Stegman (Founder/Owner of Circus School of Arizona) attended Cynthia’s workshop out of the desire to bring circus to senior citizens in Arizona. Cynthia Rauschert’s workshop, was among Rachel’s favorite, most informative workshops taken at the EdCon 2016 conference.
According to CircusMoves, “Circus skills are excellent for developing and maintaining bimanual coordination, balance, and postural control. Research has found a correlation between coordinative exercise and executive functions; therefore circus skills like juggling may also foster the executive function of attention. (Davis, 2008) Considering that one third of Americans over 85 have Alzheimer’s Disease and more than half of seniors released from the hospital with fall-related hip fractures will fall again within six months , it is obvious that seniors will reap the benefits of circus arts as much as their younger counterparts-and perhaps even more so. Speaking of hips, if you’re not hip to medical terminology, executive functions are cognitive processes including planning, working memory, attention, problem solving, verbal reasoning, inhibition, mental flexibility, task switching, etc.” For more detailed information about the benefits of circus for seniors, and CircusMoves, please CLICK HERE!
Email or Call Us [email protected]
(Please leave a voice message–they are checked a couple times per day.)