On the tenth episode of “Ink Master,” the competition continued to heat up. Following a series of tag team tattoo challenges, team members were then tested on their accuracy. In the end, the judges felt that Fame (Owner at Eminence Ink in Willimantic, CT) did not have what it takes to be the next “Ink Master.”
After the tenth week of competition the artists left competing are:
Team Anthony (@antmikes) – Artist, Metro Tattoo in Tucson, AZ
· Daniel Silva (@Dsilvatattoos) – Owner/Artist at Daniel Silva Tattoos in Gilroy, CA
· Jason Elliot (@Jasontattooer) – Owner at Novellus Studio in College Station, TX
· Juan Salgado (@JuanSalgadoArt) – Artist/Owner at Color Conspiracy Tattoo in San Juan, PR
Team DJ (@djtambe) – Artist, Bad Apple Tattoo in Las Vegas, NV
· Deanna Smith (@DeannaSmith_ink) – Artist at Dark Age Tattoo in Denton, TX
· Frank Ready (@readytattooart) – Artist at Black Magic Tattoo in Oklahoma City, OK
· Josh Payne (@Joshpaynetattoo) – Owner at Ascend Gallery in Cortland, NY
Team Steve (@steventefft) – Owner/Artist, 12 Tattoos in Groton, CT
· Jeremy Brown (@theneedlepusher) – Artist at Collective Ink Gallery in Garden Grove, CA
· Roly T-Rex (@roly_tattoosTDC) – Artist/Owner at The Divine Canvas Tattoos in Orlando, FL
Coming up on the next episode of Ink Master on Tuesday, March 20 at 10pm ET/PT – The smaller the tattoo, that harder the Coaches may fall in a micro Masters Face Off. In the Elimination Tattoo, one artists takes a blow to the chest and is sent packing.
Tattoo artists from around the country battle it out in permanent ink in Spike TV’s hit reality/competition.
For the first time, the series will welcome back three “Ink Master” winners to coach and mentor artists in the quest for $100,000, an editorial feature in Inked and the coveted title of “Ink Master.” In addition, the former “Masters,” Season Two’s Steve Tefft, Season Seven’s Anthony Michaels and Season Nine’s DJ Tambe, will be competing against each other to win $100,000 of their own.
The artists will be put through a series of tattoo challenges that are not only designed to test their technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, as they must create and execute an original tattoo on a ‘Human Canvas.’ Each episode will focus on a different and distinct style of tattooing, and while the masterpieces these artists create will last a lifetime… so will their mistakes.
After every challenge, the contestants face a tough panel comprised of musician, filmmaker and artist Dave Navarro, as well as world-renowned tattoo artists Nuñez (Handcrafted Miami) and Peck (Elm Street Tattoo).