The 82nd Annual Academy Awards
STEVE MARTIN AND ALEC BALDWIN TO HOST 2010 OSCAR® SHOW
Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin will serve as co-hosts of the 82nd Academy Awards®, Oscar telecast producers Bill Mechanic and Adam Shankman announced.
“We think the team of Steve and Alec are the perfect pair of hosts for the Oscars,” said Shankman and Mechanic. “Steve will bring the experience of having hosted the show in the past and Alec will be a completely fresh personality for this event.”
“I am happy to co-host the Oscars with my enemy Alec Baldwin,” said Martin.
“I don’t play the banjo but I’m thrilled to be hosting the Oscars it’s the opportunity of a lifetime,” said Baldwin.
82nd Academy Awards ®
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2009 will be presented on
Sunday, March 7, 2010
The 2010 Axcademy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Academy Awards RSS News Feed
OSCAR® GETS AN APP
Movie lovers can now get the only official Oscars® App for iPhone and iPod touch. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced it has premiered its first Academy Awards® application, the Oscars App, giving iPhone and iPod touch users access to movie trailers, real-time Oscar Night® results and shareable content.
Designed for the Academy by the Los Angeles-based creative shop Omelet, the app’s features give iPhone and iPod touch users access to a nominees list for each of the 24 categories, see trailers for the 10 Best Picture-nominated films, and predict winners in each of the categories. Users’ predictions will be saved to a database that will enable sharing with friends via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter as well as by e-mail and SMS text.
“We want to connect with movie lovers wherever they are,” said Janet Weiss, the Academy’s director of marketing. “Our Oscar App gives fans a way to participate in all the excitement and buzz right up to and through the show.”
The Oscar App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2009 will be presented on Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network beginning at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Photo: Anne Hathaway.
Nominations for the 82nd Academy Awards® were announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak and Oscar-nominated actress and Academy member Anne Hathaway.
Sherak and Hathaway unveiled the nominations in 10 of the 24 categories at a 5:30 a.m. news conference at the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, where hundreds of media representatives from around the world gathered.
See the entire list of nominees for the 82nd Academy Awards.
Last year Hathaway received her first Oscar nomination for her leading role in “Rachel Getting Married.” She first came to national attention in the 2006 sleeper hit “The Devil Wears Prada” opposite Meryl Streep.
Hathaway will be seen next in “Valentine’s Day,” followed by the role of the White Queen in Tim Burton’s remake of “Alice in Wonderland” and “Love and Other Drugs” opposite Jake Gyllenhaal. Her other film credits include “Bride Wars,” “Get Smart,” “Passengers,” “Becoming Jane,” “Brokeback Mountain” and “The Princess Diaries.”
Martin hosted the 73rd and 75th Academy Awards shows, earning an Emmy nomination for the first stint. He has also served as a presenter on the show several times, most recently at the ceremony in February when he appeared with Tina Fey.
He is currently touring with the bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers in support of his latest album “The Crow: New Songs for the Five String Banjo.” In 1977 and1978 Martin won Grammys for Best Comedy Recording. He earned a third Grammy in 2001 in the Best Country Instrumental Performance category.
In 2007 Martin earned a Kennedy Center Honor. Baldwin was nominated for an Academy Award in 2003 for his supporting role in “The Cooler.” That year also marked his most recent appearance as a presenter on the show.
Baldwin currently stars as Jack Donaghy on the comedy “30 Rock,” a role for which he has won two Emmys (in 2008 and 2009).
Baldwin earned a Tony nomination in 1992 for his performance in “A Streetcar Named Desire.”
Read more about the nominations for the 2010 Academy Awards.
Nominations for the 82nd Academy Awards
Performance by an actor in a leading role
- Jeff Bridges in “Crazy Heart” (Fox Searchlight)
- George Clooney in “Up in the Air” (Paramount in association with Cold Spring Pictures and DW Studios)
- Colin Firth in “A Single Man” (The Weinstein Company)
- Morgan Freeman in “Invictus” (Warner Bros.)
- Jeremy Renner in “The Hurt Locker” (Summit Entertainment)
Performance by an actress in a leading role
- Sandra Bullock in “The Blind Side” (Warner Bros.)
- Helen Mirren in “The Last Station” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Carey Mulligan in “An Education” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Gabourey Sidibe in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Meryl Streep in “Julie & Julia” (Sony Pictures Releasing)
Best motion picture of the year
- “Avatar” (20th Century Fox), A Lightstorm Entertainment Production, James Cameron and Jon Landau, Producers
- “The Blind Side” (Warner Bros.), An Alcon Entertainment Production, Nominees to be determined
- “District 9” (Sony Pictures Releasing), A Block/Hanson Production, Peter Jackson and Carolynne Cunningham, Producers
- “An Education” (Sony Pictures Classics), A Finola Dwyer/Wildgaze Films Production, Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey, Producers
- “The Hurt Locker” (Summit Entertainment), A Voltage Pictures Production, Nominees to be determined
- “Inglourious Basterds” (The Weinstein Company), A Weinstein Company/Universal Pictures/A Band Apart/Zehnte Babelsberg Production, Lawrence Bender, Producer
- “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (Lionsgate), A Lee Daniels Entertainment/Smokewood Entertainment Production, Lee Daniels, Sarah Siegel-Magness and Gary Magness, Producers
- “A Serious Man” (Focus Features), A Working Title Films Production, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, Producers
- "Up” (Walt Disney), A Pixar Production, Jonas Rivera, Producer
- “Up in the Air” (Paramount in association with Cold Spring Pictures and DW Studios), A Montecito Picture Company Production, Daniel Dubiecki, Ivan Reitman and Jason Reitman, Producers
FILM HOME | FREE MOVIES | CELEBRITIES
© 2010 Film Entertainment Magazine / EMOL.org. All rights reserved.
"Oscar®," "Oscars®," "Academy Awards®," "Academy Award®," "A.M.P.A.S. ®" and "Oscar Night®" are the trademarks,
and the ©Oscar® statuette is the registered design mark and copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Academy Award 208
Don't stand in line - order movie Tickets online with Fandango
From Amazon Academy Awards Selections
DVD | VHS | Music | Books
Academy Awards DVDs
Academy Awards Books
Academy Awards Music CDs
See the Oscar Nominations Updated Live. If you can't watch the Oscars live, bookmark our live list to see the winners updated. Save up to 30% on This Year's Nominees.