New 'Pirates of the Caribbean Movie' Sets Sail With 83 Percent of All Ticket Sales on Fandango
At World's End' Is Selling Three Times as Many Advance Tickets as 'Dead Man's Chest'
As a strong indicator of fan anticipation for Thursday night's opening of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," the film's advance ticket sales are swelling on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination.
Fandango is reporting that "Pirates 3" is currently:
* Selling three times as many tickets as last year's "Pirates of the
Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," at the same point in the films'
respective sales cycles on Fandango (as of May 22, 11:00 a.m. PT);
* Accounting for 83 percent of all weekly ticket sales on
www.fandango.com (as of May 22, 11:00 a.m. PT).
In an online poll, Fandango asked "Pirates" moviegoers about their interest in the film. Among the results:
* 75 percent of interested ticket-buyers are female.
* Nearly 50 percent of interested ticket-buyers are under 25.
* 72 percent of respondents list Johnny Depp's performance as Captain
Jack Sparrow as the number one reason they are planning to see "At
* 93 percent say they would not consider buying a ticket to a fourth
"Pirates" movie without Johnny Depp in it.
* 85 percent say they are not influenced by critics' reviews when they
decide what movies to see during the summer.
* 91 percent said they would like to vacation at one of the filming
locations featured in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.
As part of its "Pirates" offerings, Fandango is also giving filmgoers the chance to win a Pirates' adventure to the British Virgin Islands, courtesy of Walt Disney Pictures' "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board, and Purple Pineapple Villas. The last day to enter the sweepstakes is Thursday, May 31 and entry information can be found at www.fandango.com/ and go to "summermovies."
Fandango has recently added new features to its site so that it continues to be the leading movie destination on the Web. Among the additions are more extensive content in the form of commentator articles, blogs and interviews, expanded user ratings and reviews, and easily browsable collections of movie trailers, clips and photos. Not changed is Fandango's user-friendly interface for showtimes and tickets.
One of the Web's top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 15,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com.
Fandango theater partners include the nation's leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, Bow Tie Cinemas, CineArts Theatres, Cineplex Galaxy Cinemas, Cobb Theatres, Colorado Cinemas, Hollywood Theaters, Kerasotes Theatres, IMAX, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, and Wehrenberg Theatres.
LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2007 /PRNewswire/ --
2007 All rights reserved. Free Movie Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved.
Just when he’s needed most, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), that witty and wily charmer of a pirate, is trapped on a sea of sand in Davy Jones’ Locker. In an increasingly shaky alliance, Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) and Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) begin a desperate quest to find and rescue him. Captain Jack’s the last of the nine Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court who must come together united in one last stand to preserve the freedom-loving pirates’ way of life. From exotic Singapore, to World’s End and beyond, from Shipwreck Island, to a titanic battle, this adventure’s filled with over-the-edge action, irreverent humor and seafaring myth and magic. Everything has led to this twisting, turning, wild swashbuckling ride in this final chapter of the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy.
• Actors: Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport
• Directors: Gore Verbinski
• Format: Closed-captioned, Color, Special Edition, Widescreen, NTSC
• Language: English, Spanish
• Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
• Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
• Number of discs: 2
• Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
• DVD Release Date: December 4, 2007
• Run Time: 165 minutes
Starring: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom Director: Gore Verbinski
Captain Jack Sparrow's life is in debt to the legendary Davey Jones, Captain of the Flying Dutchmen who are supernatural warriors out for blood. Facing possible eternal damnation, Jack must save himself with help from Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who must come to Jack's aid.
• Studio: Walt Disney Video
• DVD Release Date: December 5, 2006
• Run Time: 150 minutes
• Average Customer Review: based on 672 reviews. (Write a review.)
• DVD Features:
• Available Subtitles: Spanish, French
• Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
• Commentary by: Screenwriters Ted Elliott & Terry RossioDolby Digital 2.0
• Commentary by screenwriters Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio
• Bloopers of the Caribbean
• Charting the Return: A preproduction diary
• According to Plan: hour-long production documentary
• Captain Jack: From Head to Toe
• Mastering the Blade
• Meet Davy Jones: Anatomy of a Legend
• Creating the Kraken
• Dead Men Tell New Tales: Re-Imagineering the Attraction
• Fly on the Set: The Bone Cage
• Jerry Bruckheimer: A Producer's Photo Diary
• Pirates on Main Street: The Dead Man's Chest Premiere
• Easter Eggs