Entertainment Magazine: Free Movies
Watch and download free adventure movies online
These free adventure and action movies are some of the most popular major motion pictures shown in the theaters from the 1900s through the 1960s.
Since they are in the public domain, these adventure and action movies can be All of the adventure movies posted here are now in the public domain can be watched online and many movies can be downloaded for free. No fees, no registration and no special software is required.
These free adventure films can be also be downloaded to your computer to play later. The movie files also can be transferred to a mobile device or mashed using movie editing software. Read the Movie FAQ.
See more free movie titles to watch and download.
Adventure Movies Catalog
- "The Iron Mask" (1929) This is a swashbuckling Alexandre Dumas adventure featuring Douglas Fairbanks. King Louis XIII of France is thrilled to have born to him a son - an heir to the throne. But when the queen delivers a twin, Cardinal Richelieu sees the second son as a potential for revolution, and has him sent off to Spain to be raised in secret to ensure a peaceful future for France. Public domain.
- See more free movie titles to watch and download.
- "The Private Life of Don Juan" In his last film role, in 1934, Douglas Fairbanks stars as an ageing legendary lady-killer Don Juan. Public domain.
- "Hook Line and Sinker" (1930) Two fast-talking insurance salesmen meet Mary, who is running away from her wealthy mother, and they agree to help her run a hotel that she owns. Public domain.
- "The Amazing Quest of Ernest Bliss" (1936) Cary Grant plays Earnest Bliss a rich socialite, who inherits his fortune, and makes a bet with his therapist that he can make a living for one year using none of his current wealth. Filmed in London. Public domain.
- "My Man Godfrey" (1936) stars William Powell, Carole Lombard. Scatter brained socialite Irene Bullock (Carole Lombard) finds "forgotten man" Godfrey Smith (William Powell) in a city dump as part of distasteful scavenger hunt. Godfrey is later taken on as the Bullock's butler. Romance and screwball antics ensue.
- "Eternally Yours" (1939) Loretta Young, David Niven. In this romantic comedy, a magician's (David Niven) act takes precedent over his marriage. His wife (Loretta Young), gives him trouble. Filmed against the backdrop of the 1939 World's Fair. Academy-award winning score received for the film.
- "The Long Shot" (1939) Under director Charles Lamont, the entire cast from the leads, Gordon Jones, Marsha Hunt, C. Henry Gordon, Harry Davenport and George E. Stone through the bit players, noteably Dorthy Fay, Earle Hodgins, and Lee Phelps among them are uniformly excellent.
- "Made for Each Other" (1939) with Jimmy Stewart plays John Horace 'Johnny' Mason, a young lawyer who marries Jane Mason (Carole Lombard) after only know her one day. They struggle with illness, poverty, and Stewart's meddling mother.
- See more free movie titles to watch and download.
"His Girl Friday" (1940) Cary Grant & Rosalind Russell romantic comedy film. Russell is rough and tumble reporter looking to get out of the news racket by marrying and becoming a house wife after her divorce from newspaper publisher Grant.
"Penny Serenade" (1941) with Cary Grant. Touching romantic comedy starring Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.
"Heartbeat" (1946) is a comedy that stars Ginger Rogers as a young female escapee from a reform school who joins a pickpocket academy in Paris. She is caught red-handed on her first attempt at stealing by an upper class man.
"Topper Returns" (1941) Roland Young and Billie Burke perform with Jack Benny's manservant, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson. Joan Blondell plays the beautiful ghost that causes so much trouble for Topper as they try to solve a murder mystery.
"Calendar Girl" (1947) A songwriter finds out that his beautiful girlfriend is going to be an artist's model. Musical set at the beginning of the 20th Century.
- "My Dear Secretary" (1949) stars Kirk Douglas. A budding young writer thinks it's her lucky day when she is chosen to be the new secretary for Owen Waterbury, famous novelist. She is soon disppointed, however, when he turns out to be an erratic, immature playboy. Opposites attract, of course, but not without sub-plots that touch on competitiveness within marriage and responsibility.
- "Second Chorus" (1940) with Fred Astaire, Paulette Goddard and Artie Shaw. Danny and Hank are surprised when Artie Shaw hires competent manager Ellen away from their college band. The two trumpet players scheme to get into Shaw's outfit themselves, each trying to trump the other's plays. Public domain.
- "The Last Time I Saw Paris," (1954) Charles returns to Paris to reminisce about the life he led in Paris after it was liberated. Stars Elizabeth Taylor, Van Johnson, Eva Gabor and Donna Reed. This movie is in the public domain.
- "Cyrano De Bergerac" (1950) France, 1640: Cyrano, the charismatic swordsman-poet with the absurd nose, hopelessly loves the beauteous Roxane; she, in turn, confesses to Cyrano her love for the handsome but tongue-tied Christian. Public domain.
- "Love Island" stars Eva Gabor (1950) An American flyer stranded in Bali falls for the sarong-swathed Gabor, much to the chagrin of an island creep who blackmails Gabor by having her father arrested on false charges. Public domain.
- "Royal Wedding" (1951) aka "Wedding Bells" (UK) (COLOR) with Fred Astair, Jane Powell, Peter Lawford. Brother and sister dancing duo Tom and Ellen Bowen (Fred Astaire and Jane Powell) travel to merry old England. There, against the backdrop of the impending wedding of royals, they go about the usual comedic pursuit of love.
- "Hell Ship Mutiny" (1957) AN EXCITING STORY!.. Of Passionate Love...and High-Adventure in the South Pacific!
- "La Ciociara (Two Women)" (1960) Sophie Loren. This is the original Italian language 1960 black and white film that tells the story of a woman trying to protect her teenaged daughter from the horrors of war. Public domain.
- "Sword of Lancelot" (1963) This romantic epic tells the tale of the legendary Lancelot and Guinevere.This was the loving battling usty age of King Arthur - he Knights of the Round Table - the fabulous age of Camelot! Public domain.
- "Charade" (1963) Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Walter Matthau. Hitchcock-ian comedy, thriller. Public domain.