Entertainment Magazine: Music: Country: CMT Music Awards
CMT Awards, TV shows and music events 2010
FANS CROWN CARRIE UNDERWOOD THE BIG WINNER AT THE “2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS”
NASHVILLE June 9, 2010 The night belonged to first-time winners and fan-favorite Carrie Underwood, who took home two wins at this year’s CMT MUSIC AWARDS. Underwood took top honors for VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“Cowboy Casanova”) and CMT PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR (“Temporary Home” from INVITATION ONLY: CARRIE UNDERWOOD); while Keith Urban took home the buckle in a first-time category win for MALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“’Til Summer Comes Around,” and Miranda Lambert scored her first CMT Music Award for FEMALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“White Liar”).
Also for the first time, the multi-platinum Lady Antebellum won GROUP VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“Need You Now”); Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins won COLLABORATIVE VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“Hillbilly Bone”), and Luke Bryan claimed the USA WEEKEND BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“Do I”). Legendary duo Brooks & Dunn re-emerged as a fan favorite capturing DUO VIDEO OF THE YEAR (“Indian Summer”), which marks their first DUO win since 2002. Director Shaun Silva won his first VIDEO DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR for his entire body of work over the last year.
The evening kicked off with an explosive performance by the show’s host, Kid Rock, who was joined by many of his famous friends, including Trace Adkins, Zac Brown, Randy Houser, Jamey Johnson, Martina McBride, Kellie Pickler, and none other than Hank Williams, Jr.
The party rolled on as Miranda Lambert sang her first #1 hit, “White Liar”; crowd-favorite Tim McGraw performed his 23rd #1 single, “Southern Voice”; and was followed by Brad Paisley’s stellar performance of “American Saturday Night.” Next, Jamey Johnson took the stage for a first-time performance of his powerful new song, entitled “Macon,” and was joined by special guests Little Big Town, Kate and Kacey Coppola, and guitarist Jeremy Popoff from the band Lit.
LeAnn Rimes came out “Swingin’” in a fully choreographed dance number that included an appearance by the song’s original artist and songwriter, John Anderson; Toby Keith revved up the crowd with his 19th #1 hit, “American Ride”; and Zac Brown Band performed their current single, “Free.”
Carrie Underwood performed her rapidly-rising Top 10 single, “Undo It”; guitars were blazin’ when Keith Urban was joined by his CMT Crossroads partner, John Mayer, for a first-time television performance of Urban’s song, “Hit the Ground Running”; and Lady Antebellum closed out the night with the television exclusive of the unreleased single, “Stars Tonight,” off of their current album.
Joining Kid Rock onstage were presenters “Dancing With the Stars” competitors Erin Andrews and Maks Chmerkovskiy, Laura Bell Bundy, Sheryl Crow, Paula Deen, Kara Dioguardi, Gloriana, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Terrell Owens, Hayden Panettiere, Richard Petty, Kellie Pickler, Jada Pinkett-Smith, LeAnn Rimes, Blake Shelton, “Jersey Shore’s” Snooki and The Situation, David Spade, Taylor Swift, Kenan Thompson, Carrie Underwood, Luke Wilson, Trisha Yearwood and Zac Brown Band.
For the third year in a row, the CMT MUSIC AWARDS featured a second concert stage sponsored by Nationwide Insurance that included such up-and-coming artists as Laura Bell Bundy, Easton Corbin, Justin Moore, Steel Magnolia, Trailer Choir and Chris Young.
CMT.com simulcast the live 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS online, and interacted with fans throughout the telecast with live Twitter updates from the red carpet and backstage.
CMT.com also served as an online hub for all fan interaction surrounding the show with live streams of the red carpet, backstage press room and more, in addition to streams from popular social networking sites such as Twitter and Flickr.
Exclusive content can be found on CMT.com and CMT Mobile, and CMT will later bow the awards on its digital all-music channel, CMT Pure Country, and the HD network, Palladia.
Upcoming CMT 2010 Events
- September 1: "CMT Insider Special: 2010 CMA Nominations" on September 1, 2010 at 11:00a ET/PT
- September 3: "Your Chance to Dance" All New Episode! on September 3, 20120 at 9:00a ET/PT. Fans can pay tribute to their favorite well-known dance routines from videos, television shows and movies in the new, ten episode series. Each one-hour episode, hosted by TV personality Mark L. Walberg, features five contestants who put their unique spin on popular video dance moves in front of a live studio audience. The audience votes to determine which contestant will win the $10,000 prize.
- September 3: "CMT Top 20 Countdown All new episode! on September 3, 2010 at 11:00a ET/PT.
- December 3: FIRST EVER “CMT ARTISTS OF artists THE YEAR” TO BE HONORED FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3 ON CMT Country music’s top artists and celebrities from all facets of entertainment will gather for a glamorous evening filled with star-studded performances, tributes and camaraderie in celebration of the first ever, CMT ARTISTS OF THE YEAR, a 90-minute special premiering Friday, December 3, 2010 on CMT. Performers and host to be announced. The five of the year’s top acts are based on album and download sales, radio airplay, online activity and touring.
- January 2011: CMT has ordered 12 episodes of its first scripted comedy, WORKING CLASS, a half-hour, family-oriented sitcom starring Melissa Peterman. Set to premiere on CMT in January 2011, WORKING CLASS follows the life of a single blue collar mom, who has recently moved her family to a rich suburban neighborhood to try and provide a better life for her kids, while proudly retaining her ‘working class’ roots.
The 2010 CMT Music Awards winners
The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS is the start of CMT’s “Summer of Music” celebration which kicks off this June in Nashville, coinciding with two of the summer's most anticipated events for country music fans. The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS is live on June 9 and the CMA Music Festival rocks downtown Nashville and LP Field June 10-13, with more than 100 hours of live music, 30 hours of autograph signings, hundreds of artists and celebrities, and thousands of ardent country music fans from around the globe.
- VIDEO OF THE YEAR Carrie Underwood “Cowboy Casanova” Best video of the year; awarded to the artist (male, female, group/duo or collaboration) and the video director. Final nominees announced during live telecast, with final voting held online at CMT.com during the show.
- MALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR Keith Urban “’Til Summer Comes Around” Best video by a male artist; awarded to the artist
- FEMALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR Miranda Lambert “White Liar” Best video by a female artist; awarded to the artist
- GROUP VIDEO OF THE YEAR Lady Antebellum “Need You Now” Best video by a group; awarded to the artists/.
- DUO VIDEO OF THE YEAR Brooks & Dunn “Indian Summer” Best video by a duo; awarded to the artists
- USA WEEKEND BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO OF THE YEAR Luke Bryan “Do I” Best video from an artist's major debut album; awarded to the artist (male, female, or group/duo)
- COLLABORATIVE VIDEO OF THE YEAR Blake Shelton featuring Trace Adkins “Hillbilly Bone” Best video that featured a special collaborative appearance by artists; awarded to the artists (individual, group or duo)
- CMT PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR Carrie Underwood “Temporary Home” from INVITATION ONLY: CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Musical performance on a television show, series or variety special on a broadcast or major cable network; awarded to the artist (individual, group or duo).
- VIDEO DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR Shaun Silva. Best video director of the year; awarded to the director for his or her body of work from the past year
The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS is executive produced by Jesse Ignjatovic and directed by Hamish Hamilton. John Hamlin and Margaret Comeaux serve as executive producers for CMT. The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS aired on Wednesday, June 9 at 11:30 p.m.; Thursday, June 10 at 12:00 p.m., and 9:00 p.m.; Friday, June 11 at 10:00 p.m.; Saturday, June 12 at 5:30 p.m., and Sunday, June 13 at 7:00 p.m. The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS RED CARPET SPECIAL aired on Sunday, June 13 at 6:00 p.m. All times listed are ET/PT.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 90 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.
'CMT ANNOUNCES AN ALL-STAR PRESENTER LINE-UP FOR THE “2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS”
Presenters Include Paula Deen, Kara Dioguardi, Terrell Owens,
Hayden Panettiere, Richard Petty, Kenan Thompson,
Trisha Yearwood and Zac Brown Band
NASHVILLE May 26, 2010 Celebrities from all facets of the entertainment industry have lined up to present at the 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS, including celebrity cook Paula Deen, ‘American Idol’s’ Kara Dioguardi, the NFL’s Terrell Owens, actress Hayden Panettiere, NASCAR legend Richard Petty and ‘Saturday Night Live’s’ Kenan Thompson. In addition, country superstars Trisha Yearwood and Zac Brown Band are scheduled to present at the ninth-annual awards show, which will air LIVE on Wednesday, June 9 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT.
Hosted by Kid Rock, the 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will feature performances from country music’s biggest stars, including Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band, with more to be announced.
Fans can vote online at vote.CMT.com through June 8 to determine the winners. The final nominees for VIDEO OF THE YEAR will be announced at the beginning of the live show and fans can then vote at CMT.com and via text message throughout the live broadcast (ET/CT only) to determine the night’s big winner.
TIM McGRAW, BRAD PAISLEY AND ZAC BROWN BAND ADDED TO THE PERFORMANCE LINE-UP FOR THE "2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS"
Host Kid Rock Will Also Perform
The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS’ star-studded perfomer line-up gets even hotter with the addition of country megastars Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Zac Brown Band on Wednesday, June 9 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT. They will take the stage at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena along with recently announced host Kid Rock, who will add performer to his list of duties, and Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban, when country music’s only fan-voted awards show airs LIVE on CMT and CMT.com.
CMT will be using the 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS as a platform for CMT ONE COUNTRY's efforts to give back to the community and help with Tennessee Flood Relief. By working with CMT ONE COUNTRY partners, Hands on Nashville, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee and show sponsor, Rhapsody, CMT hopes the CMT MUSIC AWARDS will help these charities to better serve those families who have been directly impacted by the recent flooding.
Fans can get more information as it becomes available on Twitter (@FollowCMT) or become a fan of the CMT MUSIC AWARDS on Facebook. Also, fans can join the discussion now at CMT.com's community and talk about who they want to see on the show, discuss travel plans and more. CMT also offers fans instant updates on their mobile phones via CMT Mobile by texting AWARDS to 32709 (standard rates apply). Tickets to the ninth annual awards show are sold out, but CMT will be offering opportunities to win tickets through artist fan clubs and partnerships, including the current sweepstakes promotion with the CMA Music Festival, for more information visit CMT.com.
The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS is the start of CMT’s “Summer of Music” celebration which kicks off this June in Nashville, coinciding with two of the summer's most anticipated events for country music fans. The 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS show is live on June 9, and the CMA Music Festival rocks downtown Nashville and LP Field June 10-13, with more than 100 hours of live music, 30 hours of autograph signings, hundreds of artists and celebrities, and thousands of ardent country music fans from around the globe.
CMT 2008 Announces First Round Finalists for the '2008 CMT Music Awards' Country Music's Only Fan-Voted Awards Show
Online Voting Begins Tuesday, February 5 on CMT.com and Ends February 25, 2008. Brad Paisley's "Online" leads with 6 nominations; Sugarland garners 5 nominations for "Stay" and "Everyday America" Continue readin and see list of nominees...
CMT Music Awards 2007
2007 CMT Music Awards Index
“CMT GIANTS: HANK WILLIAMS JR.” PREMIERING SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17
Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Steven Tyler, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Gretchen Wilson, Shooter Jennings, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Guy and Holly Williams. All Pay Tribute to Bocephus By Performing His Hit Songs Continue reading...
CMT Counts Down Country Music's Biggest Stories in the Yearend Special 'CMT 20 Biggest Headlines of 2004'
© 2007-2010 EMOL.org Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved.