Entertainment Magazine: Tucson: Events
Tucson December 2015 Events
The Tucson Calendar has many local events happening today for kids, visitors and families. Read detail listings to activities and links to more information about what is going on this November in Tucson.
Two of the most popular holiday events in Tucson include the Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair, Luminaria Nights and Winterhaven Festival of Lights. See dozens of Christmas and Hanukkah Tucson Events and holiday tree lighting ceremonies.
Watch and download free Christmas cartoons and movies compliments of Tucson Entertainment Magazine!
December Tucson Events
Tucson events in December include the Winter West Fest at Old Tucson Studios, Ferias Navidenas & Nacimiento Tour, Luminaria Nights, and Winterhaven. Thunder in the Desert is the New Millennium First People World Fair & Pow Wow starting December 30th. See more events in December.
University of Arizona Poetry Center in December. Happy Holidays from the University of Arizona Poetry Center and Edgar Allan Poe!
26th Annual Poinsettia Sale is partnering with Green Things to provide beautiful, locally-grown poinsettias.
Tohono Chul Park Holiday Nights takes place on December 4-5, 11-12 and 18-19, 2015.
Luminaria Nights at Tucson Botanical Gardens is a festive Tucson holiday tradition, now in its 29th year! New this year is an extra weekend of festivities.
Art in Oro Valley 'Out of the Blue' Exhibition to Jan. 13, 2016 at Ventana Gallery, 1910 E. Innovation Park Dr.
Through December 11: Nominations are now open for the 35th Annual Governor’s Arts Awards, which will be presented in seven categories to individuals, businesses and organizations that have made substantial and outstanding contributions to arts and culture in Arizona.
Thru December 19: StoryCorps a nationally recognized mobile story telling organization with a regular weekly feature on National Public Radio and Arizona Public Media. StoryCorp mobile recording studio will be located at Reid Park.
Through Dec. 19 "Snapshots," A New Musical By Creator of "Wicked," Opens at Temple of Music and Art.
Thru January 3: NATURE CONNECTS®, ART WITH LEGO® BRICKS at Tucson Botanical Gardens.
- The Children's Museum Tucson and Oro Valley has numerous events throughout December.
- Hannukah and Christmas events in Tucson.
Daily Events in Tucson
Weekend of December 11-13
- The Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair is held the weekend of Friday, December 11, through Sunday, December 13, 2015. Hours are 10 am to 6pm (dusk) each day.
- Dec. 11, 12, 13, 2015: Tucson Botanical Gardens Luminaria Nights from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. A festive Tucson holiday tradition, Luminaria Nights is now in its 29th year.
- Friday, December 11-Saturday, December 12: Tohono Chul Park Holiday Nights Music by Way out West, Domingo De Grazia Spanish Guitar Band, Fire Show by Cirque Roots, Piano-Sing-Along For The LuvvaMusic, The Magicians with Nate Anderson & John Redmon.
Friday, December 11 and Sunday, Dec. 13
- Women's Chorus Presents Holiday Concerts. Raises Funds to Perform at D Day Ceremonies in France. Bring the family and join us for ‘Sleigh Ride,’ ‘Silver Bells,’ ‘Silent Night,’ ‘Deck the Halls’ and many more,”
Saturday, December 12-25, 2015
Saturday, December 12
Sunday & Monday, December 13 & 14
- Oaxacan Wood Carvings. Explore an impressive variety of whimsical Oaxacan wood carvings. Featuring the work of internationally recognized artist Agustín Cruz Prudenicio, who will demonstrate throughout the day. 10 AM–5 PM. The Tumacácori National Historical Park Store.
Sunday, December 13
The Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus will present its annual Holiday Concert at 3:00pm and 7:30pm at the UA School of Music Crowder Hall. The choristers will perform music of the season including Christmas carols, sacred songs and Hanukkah selections.
Wednesday, December 16
- Watercolor Workshop with Michael Chiago, 10 AM–4 PM at The National Parks Store.
- Have Breakfast with Santa from 8:30-11:00AM. Hosted by The Tucson Police Department. Sponsored by Little Anthony’s Diner & The Gaslight Theatre.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
- Iskashitaa Refugee Network and Borderland's Local Date Beer Launch Party to unveil our first collaborative brew on Thursday, December 17, 2015, starting at 6 p.m. at Borderlands Brewery
Friday, December 18-Saturday, December 19
- Tohono Chul Park Holiday Nights Music by American Idol Contestant Crystal Stark, Tucson Jazz Institute, Stilt Dancing by Cirque Roots, Desert Melodies Trio and AZ Star Tours Mobile Observatory.
- Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker BalletTucson's own Ballet Rincon present their 14th Annual production.
- The American Red Cross will host the 12 Hours of Giving blood drive on Friday, Dec. 18, from 1 to 7 p.m. and on Saturday, Dec. 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at La Encantada shopping center, 2905 E. Skyline Drive. The blood drive comes at an important time for the Red Cross and gives area residents the opportunity to help boost the blood supply prior to the holidays.
Friday, December 18
- Mexican Arts. Featuring a wide variety of exquisite Mata Ortiz pottery and playful Oaxacan painted woodcarvings, 10 AM–5 PM.
Saturday, December 19-Sunday, Dec. 20
- Magic of Christmas at TSO. Listen to traditional favorite Christmas carols and holiday sons, sing, dance and tell the story of Christmas during the holiday period. Tucson Music Hall.
Saturday, December 19 through June 19, 2016
Saturday, December 19
- Johnny Rivers is performing live at the Diamond Center.
- Santa’s Workshop Holiday Collection Event from 9:00am to 9:00pm at Foothills Mall - just south of the Food Court.
- Tucson Holiday Toy Fair, 10 AM–4 PM at the Saguaro National Park Store, at both the East and West locations.
- Tucson Botanical Gardens presents YOU BUILD IT! NEXTRIO LEGO® BRICK PLAYROOM from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Artivity! Three Downtown nonprofits are teaming up again to bring hours of creative fun to kids and their families! Children’s Museum Tucson, Sonoran Glass School and Tucson Museum of Art will cohost Artivity! from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Oro Valley Holiday Celebration from 10 am-3:30 pm. Children's Museum Oro Valley is celebrating its first holiday season in style, with fun, crafts and SANTA.
Sunday, December 20
- Celebrate the Magic of the Holiday Season at Avalon Organic Gardens & EcoVillage in Tumacácori hosts a holiday celebration for the whole family. The evening’s festivities will include live performances by two choirs, a screening of a special Christmas musical production on DVD, and a visit with Santa Claus at 6:30pm.
Monday, December 21
- 12th Annual Miracle En El Barrio event, presented by NOVA® Home Loans, scheduled to take place on Friday from 9:00am to 2:00pm in the St. John’s Church parking lot.
Tuesday, December 23
Friday, December 25, 2015
December 26, 2016
- Tombstone at Twilight Holidays in Tombstone on December 26th. The Guest of Honor for this Twilight event is Father Time. In some cultures, Father Time is only seen during the New Year. This is because he is thought to hand over the duties of the new year to Baby New Year. Father Time will be strolling the boardwalk during the evening in hopes to find Baby New Year.
Thursday, December 31
- New Year's Eve parties and special events are held by several Tucson resorts and hotels to bring back the traditional feeling.
- Tucson Dragway presents the Hangover Nationals Drag Racing Tournament on New Year's Eve 2016.
- Hotel Congress continues to not disappoint with their epic party plans as this year they are invoking the speakeasy of the past for this Prohibition Party.
- Golden Pin Lanes High Rollin' New Years Eve Party. Casino style games that include Poker and Black Jack.
Get the Lates info on the Jogs Tucson Gem and Jewelry Show held January 28-February 8, 2016
New Tucson Historical Books
Treasures of the Santa Catalina Mountains
Discover the legends and rich history of the Santa Catalina Mountains. Learn about the Iron Door Mine, Spanish Jesuit treasures, Buffalo Bill's mines, gold mining in Oracle when pioneers arrived to prospect the Catalina Mountains. Visit the "Treasures of the Santa Catalinas" and read stories forgotten in time. Available at a discount on Amazon.
Read about the local Tucson entertainment scene from the 1950s through the 1990s. Over 700 pages of pages of musician interviews, original photographs and stories. If you played in a band or went to a nightclub during those years, you'll be familiar with many of these people and places. Published by Entertainment Magazine. Read sample pages Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades. Find your name or photo! Now available, at a discount, on Amazon.com.
Previous December 2015 events in Tucson
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- IT continues its 45th anniversary season with a reading of LOOKING FOR MAGIC, a semi-autobiographical play about one family’s experiences with coming out and living with HIV/AIDS.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5
Tohono Chul Park Holiday Nights A Million Lights! A timeless tradition, for children, young couples, whole families. Special Garden Bistro Holiday Menus! This weekend entertainment Musical Stylings of Joe Bourne, Jovert Steel Drums, LED Lit Acrobatic Show by Cirque Roots, Guitarist Gabriel Ayala and Maderas Strings Duo.
BICAS (Bicycle Inter-Community Art & Salvage) invites you to the 20th Annual Art Auction at The Art Gallery 1122 N Stone Ave
- Dec. 4, 5, 6 & 11, 12, 13, 2015: Tucson Botanical Gardens Luminaria Nights from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. A festive Tucson holiday tradition, Luminaria Nights is now in its 29th year.
- Tubac Luminaria Nights songs by The CosmoKids Choir of Global Community Communications Schools for Teens & Children as well as TaliasVan’s Bright & Morning Star Choir & Orchestra.
Friday, December 4-19, 2015
- Hanukkah events in Tucson. There are several major Hanukkah (Hanukkiyah or Chanukah) events in Tucson this month sponsored by the Tucson J.
December 5-23, 2015
Saturday, December 5-February 14, 2016
- The Tucson Desert Art Museum will open two new exhibitions, both exploring topics of migration and migrant labor. With U.S. border issues and the European migrant crisis in the media spotlight.
Saturday, December 5
Nordic Guild Fair will be held Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 9-3:00 pm on the Streams in the Desert Lutheran Church campus.
ART on TAP, downtown’s biggest craft beer, food, art, and music event will be held Saturday, December 5, 2015, 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Tucson Museum of Art (TMA).
- In continuation of a magical tradition spanning more than 80 years Valley of the Moon is open on December 5 for a First Saturday Celebration. Come enjoy a peaceful evening of family friendly relaxation at Tucson’s newest historic landmark and learn about Urban Wildlife.
- 2nd Annual Christmas Tombstone Historic Home Tour includes 6 homes and two churches.
Saturday and Sunday, December 5 & 6
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- FROM ASHES TO NEW Bring Live show to Tucson, AZ in support of Atreyu at Club XS.
- Book Talk: Your Yosemite, A Threatened Public Treasure, 2 PM only. In this riveting talk, former Yosemite National Park Superintendent Robert Binnewies tells not only the history of Yosemite but also the story of the collision between commercialism and preservation. Western Parks Store.
Thursday, December 10, 2015
© 1995-2015 EMOL.org.Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved. Robert E. Zucker, publisher.