V-day Gift Guide:
What’s a Girl to Give a Guy?
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, what’s a girl to give a guy? Let Liz Kelly, relationship expert and author, share her dos and don’ts in a V-day Gift Guide designed to make love happen with the right guy. How can women ignite sparks with 10 low budget love leaps? It’s not about the money; it’s about being on the money!
(PRWEB) January 25, 2005 -- Who says Valentine's Day has to be expensive? Why are Americans predicted to spend $13 million on Valentines this year when it's the sentimental value that outweighs any purchase price? Let Liz H. Kelly, Dating Coach and Author of SMART Man Hunting, entertain your audience with the answers to what’s a girl to give a guy for V-day. It’s not about the money; it’s about being on the money!
1) 10 Low Budget Love Leaps Get creative and show some extra effort!
2) V-Day Gift Guide Dos and Don’ts based on your relationship status!
3) Make Romance Year-Round Celebrate a V-day every month to add spice
1) 10 Low Budget Love Leaps - Avoid the temptation of quick checkbook fixes by giving alternative gifts to guys that show extra effort this year. When it gets below zero, why not ignite romance by making margueritas, crank up the heat and pretend you are in the Florida Keys by playing Jimmy Buffet tunes when your date arrives. It’s the little things that add up in today's fast-track world. Let Liz share her 10 low-budget love leaps to spark romance this Valentine's Day: Sweet Hello Kiss (Liz can share her tips for 4 hot kisses now in COSMO), Cartoon Crafts, Romantic Poker Bets, Scavenger Hunts...the more creative the better.
2) V-Day Gift Guide What’s a girl to get a guy for V-day? Depending on your relationship status, try different gift strategies. Avoid going overboard and making a guy run by buying a $1,000 watch, even if you have the best intentions in mind. Let Liz share V-day Gift Do’s and Don’ts. It’s not about getting him to buy you a $200.00 dinner or surprising him with Victoria’s Secrets to make you feel good. It’s about letting him know that you are wild about him "as is." Liz can share her V-day gift advice tips for women in the February issue of Shape magazine. How much should a girl spend? What type of gift matches the relationship status?
- A few casual dates - $20.00 gift certificate for iTunes
- A few months of dating regularly - $50.00 tickets to a sporting event or concert
- 3-6 months - $100.00 on a gift that is hard to find and tied to his passions
- More than 6 months of dating exclusively over $100 go extravagant, but budget based on your gut
3) Make Romance Year-Round Don’t forget how far homemade chocolate-chip cookies can go anytime of year. Once Valentine’s season is over, keep romancing your partner with low budget love leaps and relationship milestone gifts. Pick a V-day every month and add spice to your relationship year-round. You don’t need a holiday to ignite romance! And what do the guy's tell Liz - bachelor survey says...
- If you want a commitment, make the gift about him!
- Don’t give a guy what you want him to give you!
- Buy him what he wants think like a guy!
- Send the right message by giving a gift that supports his passions.
- Let the gift say I’m into you the way you are.
Money can't buy you love, but being on the money can make love happen!
Happy Hunting! - Liz
About Liz H. Kelly
Liz H. Kelly is a Dating Coach, Columnist, Speaker and Author of SMART Man Hunting. Her work has been featured on such shows as FOX News, Lifetime’s Speaking of Women’s Health and BBC Radio, along with being in USA Today, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Fitness and The Chicago Tribune. She is a Contributing Writer to John Gray PhD’s MarsVenus.com, Yahoo! Personals, and Smart Woman magazine.
"Send the gift of love for any occasion! We begin with an adorable teddy bear holding a Ghiradelli chocolate bar and add to that an assortment of other chocolates, cookies, Jordan almonds, flavored coffee and other delectable items. She will love you for it! (Valentine's Day)"