- This event has passed.
10th Annual Cruise, BBQ & Cruise Festival
Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
10th Annual Cruise, BBQ & Cruise Festival features local chefs, classic cars and headlining Blues music, all to support Veterans Art Therapy programs at the VA. Oro Valley Marketplace will host over 170 classic cars, live music children’s activities, smokin’ BBQ and more on February 17, 2018. The time, patience and love it takes to cultivate a work of art is no different when on canvas or automobile. Behind each vehicle there is a story, and over 170 car owners will converge in Oro Valley this month to share those stories. Southern Arizona’s preeminent car show, BBQ and Blues music festival takes place Saturday, February 17th at the Oro Valley Marketplace from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
The festival is proudly sponsored by Hughes Federal Credit Union.
The annual Cruise, BBQ & Blues Festival, one of the area’s premiere events of its kind will mark its 10th year of drawing spectators throughout the region to see hundreds of classic and custom cars while supporting Veterans..
In addition to the hundreds of classic, muscle, sports and specialty cars, the event will feature fun activities and children’s activities, live musical performances, vendors, and a BBQ food court.
All proceeds benefit the Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance, a non-profit organization that raises money to support innovative arts therapy and educational experiences for local Veterans. The car show is the organization’s primary Winter fundraising community event and has allowed SAACA to provide thousands of local Veteran’s with no-cost arts experiences at the Southern Arizona Veterans Administration.
The show will feature cars and trucks in a variety of styles – antique and modern, domestic and foreign, modified and custom. A panel of expert judges will award trophies in categories including Best of Show, Best Interior, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Presentation and many more. Attendees can vote for their favorite vehicles in the People’s Choice awards.
Each year the Cruise, Blues, & BBQ Classic Car Show attracts thousands of attendees, bringing the community together to appreciate classic cars and good food. Entertainment for the day includes the soulful and driving music of three local blues bands on the event main stage.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE EVENT
• Over 170 classic cars and trucks on display
• Over custom designed awards, by local artist, John Benedict
• People’s Choice Awards
• Featured Beer by Hensley Brands
• BBQ from local chefs and restaurants, including Mama’s Hawaiian BBQ, Chef Ken Foy from Dante’s Fire, Chef Mat Cable from Fresco Pizzeria and Pastaria, Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ, and Red’s Smokehouse. Additional food vendors will serve sweet treats, coffee and snacks onsite.
• Community Raffle, featuring over $2,000 in raffle prizes
• Inflatable Jump Land by JumpMaxx
• Children’s Art Activities by Lucky Cat Social Art
• Interactive exhibitors, including Top Golf, In n’ Out Burger, Allstate Insurance, Sage and more.
• Andrada Polytechnic High School from Vail, Rincon High School and Canyon del Oro Auto Clubs will be onsite, with a flat track race car, and pit crew demonstrations.
• Live music on the main stage, from Whiskey River Dogs (10 – 11 AM) Johnny Faber & The Road Kings (11:30 AM – 12:30 PM) and a headliner performance by Mason (1 PM – 2:30 PM)
The Cruise, BBQ & Blues Car Show will run from 10 AM to 3 PM on Saturday, February 17, 2018. Tickets will be sold at the door. Adult admission is $5; Veterans and active duty military admission is $4; and children ages 10 and younger are free. Proceeds from the event benefit the Creative Arts Therapy programs at the Southern Arizona Veterans Administration.
Cruise, Blues, & BBQ Classic Car Show
When: Saturday, February 17 from 10 AM – 3 PM
Where: Oro Valley Marketplace, 12155 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737
Cost: $5, $1 off for Veterans & active duty military, kids 10 and under free
Phone: (520) 797-3959
Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance
The Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance (SAACA) is a not-for-profit organization that exists to promote engagement in arts and culture, helping our communities produce strong, inspired citizens. SAACA enlists artists, businesses, governments, and individuals to expand artistic and cultural opportunities in their respective communities. To enhance access to the arts and to promote cultural awareness in the communities it serves, SAACA presents large-scale festivals, events and other programs. The Alliance also promotes educational opportunities in the arts and culture for all ages.
Arizona | California | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | Phoenix | Tombstone | Tucson | Tucson Gem Shows | Mt. Lemmon/Summerhaven