- This event has passed.
Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center January
Tuesday, January 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - Thursday, January 31, 2019 @ 5:00 pm MST
Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center has a full lineup of tournaments and classes beginning in January. Among the opportunities:
• The first annual Power Soccer Tournament, a round robin and single elimination tournament beginning at 3 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11 and concluding at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12 featuring teams from in and out of Arizona. The tournament will take place at Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center, 5031 E. Washington St. in Phoenix.
• 2019 Goalball 360 Tournament, a three-day, round-robin style event, beginning at 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18 and concluding with the championship round at 8 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 20 at Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center.
There is no charge to attend the tournament games.
In addition , Ability360 offers these ongoing opportunities:
• Coyotes Curling Club, a weekly 90-minute clinic every Wednesday beginning Jan. 2 at the Coyotes Curling Club, 2202 W. Medtronic Way, No. 101 in Tempe. Fee is $75 for an eight-week league.
• MaxInMotion Youth Adaptive Sports, a series of youth adaptive sports clinics from March through December sponsored by the Max In Motion organization. Clinics introduce children 18 and under with physical and intellectual disabilities to power soccer, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair tennis, hockey and baseball. Two different sports clinics are scheduled one Saturday each month beginning in July where young athletes learn skills in individual sports and try out specialty wheelchairs and equipment used in competition. Admission is free.
• 31 for 31: 31 days of exercises, and 31 classes for $31. Fee includes pre- and post-assessment, water bottle, towel and t-shirt. Registration deadline is 12 p.m. on December 31. Register at www.ability360.org/sports.
• Adult Power Soccer Clinic, Saturday, Jan. 5 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for individuals 16 years and older. Attendees will learn about power soccer and meet Ability360 power soccer team players and be able to practice in a power soccer wheelchair.
For more information, visit www.ability360.org.
Arizona | California | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | Phoenix | Tombstone | Tucson | Tucson Gem Shows | Mt. Lemmon/Summerhaven