- This event has passed.
Cruise, BBQ & Blues Festival
Saturday, February 15, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
Join the Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance for a day of community, culture, culinary arts and classic cars. The 12th annual Cruise, BBQ & Blueswill bring together some of the finest BBQ from local chefs, community arts experiences, and live music on the main stage.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15
10 AM – 3 PM
ORO VALLEY MARKETPLACE
12155 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737
$5 admission, $1 off for Veterans & active duty military, kids 10 and under free
CLASSIC CARS – ART – LOCAL BBQ & BEER
BLUES MUSIC – ACTIVITIES
The time, patience and love it takes to cultivate a work of art is no different when on canvas or in the design of an automobile. Behind each vehicle there is a story, and over 170 classic car owners will converge in Oro Valley this month to share those stories.
The festival is proudly sponsored by Hughes Federal Credit Union, the Town of Oro Valley and 805.
The annual Cruise, BBQ & Blues Festival, one of the area’s premiere events of its kind will mark its 12th year of drawing spectators throughout the region to see hundreds of classic and custom cars while supporting Veterans.
In addition to the hundreds of classic, muscle, sports and specialty cars, the event will feature fun activities and children’s activities, live musical performances, vendors, and a BBQ food court.
All proceeds benefit the Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance, a non-profit organization that raises money to support innovative arts therapy and educational experiences for local Veterans. The car show is the organization’s primary Winter fundraising community event and has allowed SAACA to provide thousands of local Veterans with no-cost arts experiences at the Southern Arizona Veterans Administration.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE FESTIVAL
• Over 170 classic, sports cars and trucks on display
• Custom designed awards, by local artist, John Benedict
• People’s Choice Awards
• Featured Beer
• BBQ from local chefs and restaurants
• Live Blues Music on the Mainstage
• Community Raffle
• Inflatable Jump Land by JumpMaxx
• Children’s Art Activities
• Interactive exhibitors
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Adding a soulful atmosphere to the event live blues music will captivate audiences with renditions of blues greats. The main stage will feature three bands throughout the day. A tribute style salute to our Veterans will kick off the award festivities, with the star spangled banner, and a presentation of the color guard.
Jumping castles and children’s activities will entertain the youngsters. Canyon del Oro High School Auto Club will be demonstrating small engine tear downs each hour and showcasing projects completed by students from previous years.
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM | WHOSE BLUES
When Whose Blues takes the stage, you’ll hear upbeat, harmonica driven tunes that are both danceable as well as hard-driving slow blues. They say it’s taken the band a while to put together the ‘right’ combo, but now that they’re cookin’, they’re ready to play some funky, laid back, mellow, raucous (choose your favorite when you come and see us) blues. Learn more about this group HERE.
11:30 AM – 12:45 PM | KINGS OF PLEASURE
The Kings of Pleasure was founded in 1998 by guitarist and Arizona Blues Hall of Fame member Mike Hebert and perform an unforgettable blend of high energy dance music with soulful vocals. In the early years, the band toured extensively, releasing 6 record albums with international sales of over 70,000 units. The current lineup showcases the amazing talents of singer Sara Gascho, who’s styles range from sultry Jazz to belting out the Blues as well as AZ Blues Hall of Fame members Koko Matsumoto on bass and drummer Michael P Nordberg. Learn more about this group HERE.
1:15 PM – 2:30 PM | MOTHER ROAD TRIO
Get your kicks on Rt 66 with the Mother Road Trio. Passing through 8 states, and stretching from Chicago to Los Angeles, the superslab of wigwam dreams, neon empires, giant plastic dinosaurs and American Pie carries on. The Mother Road Trio embodies the quirky and free-wheeling spirit of this mighty highway. MRT’s style is as diverse as Rt. 66 itself, with offerings of rhythm and blues, original ballads, mowtown, swing, jazz standards, and good old rock n’ roll.Sure to please crowds from Budapest to Barstow, Learn more about this group HERE.
EXHIBITORS & TASTY TREATS
2020 CULINARY EXPERIENCES
• The Culinary Graduate Food Truck | Smoked BBQ Sandwiches, Bacon Wrapped Meatballs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Smoked Sausages
• Fresco Pizzeria & Pastaria | Pit Master-Style BBQ & Artisan Pizzas
• Trolley Treats | Funnel Cakes, Ice Cream Sundaes, Shaved Ice, Fried Donuts, Oreos, Pretzels
• Fruit Shack Smoothies & Juice Bar | Smoothies, Juices, Coffee
• Kettlelicious Kettle Corn | Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn
• Brother John’s BBQ | Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Signature Sauces, Famous BBQ Pit Beans
• The French Fry Guy/ Marine Corps League Tucson Detachment 007 | Freshly Made French Fries, Hamburgers & Hot Dogs, Nachos
• CutCo Cutlery
• Renewal By Anderson
• Top Golf
• Superior Water Tucson
• AZ Daily Star
• In-N-Out Burger
• Hot Rods in the Desert
• Golder Ranch Fire Department
• Southern Arizona Chapter of NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society)
• American Legion Oro Valley Post 132
• Gracie Barra Oro Valley Jiu Jitsu
FEATURED ARTISTS & ARTS EXPERIENCES
• Marana High School Welding Club
• Canyon del Oro High School Auto Club – Demonstrating Engine Breakdowns
• JumpMaxx Inflatable Jumping Castles
• Lucky Cat Social Art
Arizona | California | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | Phoenix | Tombstone | Tucson | Tucson Gem Shows | Mt. Lemmon/Summerhaven