- This event has passed.
Tucson Holiday Events 2019
Monday, November 25, 2019 @ 8:00 am - Tuesday, December 31, 2019 @ 5:00 pm MST
There are dozens of kids-friendly Christmas and Hanukkah holiday events celebrated throughout November and December 2019. This year, Hanukkah (also spelled as Hannukah) falls on December 22 through December 31, 2019. Dates and times for some of these Tucson holiday events have not been finalized yet. Since they are annual events, follow the links for updated information. More events will be posted as they are received.
Submit your free Tucson holiday event to [email protected]
The Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus Tree Lot will be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 29 through December 22. Hours of operation are Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 9pm and Sundays 10am to 7pm. The lot features fresh cut trees at competitive prices. Trees available include Douglas Fir, Noble Fir, Grand Fir and Nordman Fir. Deliveries are available. The Chorus also sells fresh wreaths and garland.
November 29-December 24: Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree Revue. Kick off your holiday season at the Gaslight Music Hall with our star-studded Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree Revue! Share the joy of Christmas with our spectacular 7-piece Gaslight Show Band, as well as our six incredible vocalists. Gaslight Music Hall.
Saturday, November 30, 2019: Downtown
Parade of Lights and Festival held downtown at Armory Park,
this holiday parade with commercial, non-profit, community
entries, Santa, lighted vehicles, floats, music, food and
musical groups, free, 6 pm, 520-837-6504. Free event.
Sunday, December 1, 2019:
- The 9th Annual Renegade Classics – Desert Diamond Casino Santa Claus Toy Run returns Sunday, December 1st. Over 900 bikers are expected and the hundreds of toys collected will benefit underprivileged children through The Salvation Army and the Tohono O’odham Nation children’s charities. Tickets will also be on sale day-of-event at Renegade Classics. Tickets are $22 plus a new, unwrapped toy.
- 14th Annual Tucson Tamal Festival at the Casino del Sol AVA Amphitheater. Free and open to the public fromn 10:00am to 5:00pm. Experience the rich tastes, smells and variation of tamales from the Southwest and Mexico. Free event.
December 6-15, 2019: Arizona Repertory Singers returns to its choral roots this December with traditional holiday favorites and fun and festive new music. The 45-member choral ensemble will usher in the holiday spirit with songs like Hark! In 7/8 by Steven Landau and Bring Us In Good Ale by Gustav Holst alongside stunningly beautiful classics by Francis Poulenc, Ola Gjeilo, and up-and-coming composer Connor Koppin.
Starting Friday, December 6, 2019: Tucson Lights. The holiday season is fast approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about fun activities to do with your family. If you’re a fan of holiday lights, then Tucson Lights offers a grand display. With more than 250,000 LED lights, Tucson Lights is the largest display of its kind in all of Tucson. The display features some spectacular dancing light shows that are sure to dazzle visitors.
Friday, December 6, 2019
- An Irish Christmas at 7:30 PM at Fox Tucson Theatre. Take a journey through Christmas in Ireland with superb dancing, singing and Irish traditional music celebrating the international spirit of the holiday season.
Friday, December 6-21, 2019: Tohono Chul Holiday Nights A Million Lights Make Tohono Chul Shine Bright During the Most Magical Time of Year. Stroll along paths draped with over a million twinkling lights while musicians and artists perform throughout the gardens. Holiday Nights takes place from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. the first three Fridays and Saturdays in December, starting December 6 through 21st. Read more and get schedule for Holiday Nights.
Friday and Saturday, December 6 & 7, 2019:
- Holiday Open House, 10am – 5pm at the Philabaum Glass Gallery, 711 S. Sixth Avenue. Join us for our Holiday Open House featuring Unique, One of a Kind gifts. Ornaments, Jewelry, Menorahs. Phone (520) 884-7404.
- Christmas Choir Concert at Tubac Luminarias from 6:00pm to 8:00pm both nights, enjoy holiday magic at the Tubac Luminarias with a Christmas Concert by TaliasVan’s 50-voice Bright & Morning Star Choir & Orchestra! Opening for them is TaliasVan’s CosmoYouth Choir and a visit from Santa Claus himself is expected! The concert starts at 6:00pm and takes place in Tubac Plaza next to Sacred Treasures. Continue reading.
Saturday and Sunday, December 7 & 8, 2019
- Oro Valley Festival of the Arts & Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration on Saturday, December 7th, 2019 10am-5pm & Sunday December 8th, 2019 10am-4pm. Oro Valley Marketplace. Free event.
- Civic Orchestra of Tucson presents a series of upcoming free concerts. The same program will be performed in each location. Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 3:00 pm at Valley Presbyterian Church, 2800 S Camino Del Sol. Green Valley, AZ and Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 3:00 pm at Christ Church United Methodist, 655 N Craycroft Rd.
- Saturday: Holiday Open House, 10am – 5pm at the Philabaum Glass Gallery.
- Saturday: Christmas Choir Concert at Tubac Luminarias from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Saturday, December 7, 2019
- Marana Holiday Festival and Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony with the biggest Christmas tree and light show in Southern Arizona. Santa on site. 3-7pm at 11555 W. Civic Circle Drive in Marana. Free event.
- 2nd annual Holiday Craft Fair from 10am to 4pm at the Boys Chorus Tree Lot. More than 30 vendors will be inside and outside the Chorus Hall showcasing unique arts and crafts. The boys will be on hand to greet guests and sing carols. There will also be food trucks and Santa who will visit between 10:30am to 12:30pm. (520) 296-6277.
- Holiday Open House, 10am – 5pm at the Philabaum Glass Gallery.
- Christmas Choir Concert at Tubac Luminarias from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Sunday, December 8, 2019
- The University of Arizona’s annual “Holiday Card to Tucson,” is a spectacular choral performance featuring the Arizona Choir, UA Symphonic Choir, University Community Chorus, Tucson Boy’s Chorus and Tucson Girl’s Chorus. The TGC Advanced Chorus will perform one performance at 7:30pm. Limited tickets available.
- Ballet Tucson will host its 19th Annual Sugar Plum Tea. There are few things more rewarding than experiencing the joy of tradition during the holiday season, and the Sugar Plum Tea has become a tradition for Tucson families.
- QUICKSILVER BAROQUE performs FANTASTICUS in TUCSON with chamber music written in a time of intense upheaval and unpredictable cultural climate in the German states. 3:00 pm at St. Philip’s In The Hills Episcopal Church, 4440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tuesday, December 10: The public is invited to the Bumblebees and Tutti Pop Choirs Winter Concert on December 10 at 5:30 pm. Come celebrate the winter season with songs to warm your hearts! Special guests, the Mariposa Singers! It will be held at the JCC Ballroom, 3800 E River Road. Free will donations are welcome.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- David Benoit Christmas Tribute to Charlie Brown With Special Guest Sara Gazarek, 7pm at the Leo Rich Theatre. In 1965, the first ever “Peanuts” animated special took place. It was a landmark event and it was the start of a tradition that would continue year after year.
- Jesus Christ Superstar with Stars Ted Neeley & Yvonne Elliman at 7pm at the Fox Tucson Theatre.
December 12-15, 2019: Lessons & Carols by Candlelight: Songs of the Magi
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2019 AT 7:30 PM AT CHRIST THE KING EPISCOPAL CHURCH
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2019 AT 7:00 PM AT ST. FRANCIS IN THE VALLEY EPISCOPAL CHURCH, GREEN VALLEY
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2019 AT 7:30 PM AT ST. PHILIPS IN THE HILLS EPISCOPAL CHURCH
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2019 AT 3:00 PM AT CATALINA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2019 AT 7:30 PM AT ST. ALBAN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Friday, December 13, 2019: Lightwire Theatre: A Very Electric Christmas at 6:30 PM at Fox Tucson Theatre. Brighten your holidays with Lightwire Theater’s A Very Electric Christmas. Audiences of all ages will treasure this magical and captivating tale of family, friendship and hope set to timeless holiday hits including Nat King Cole, Mariah Carey and Tchaikovsky.
December 13-14, 2019: The Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus will present its annual Holiday Concert on Saturday, December 14 at 3:00pm and 7:30pm at the UA School of Music Crowder Hall. Under the direction of Julian Ackerley and accompanied by a small orchestral ensemble, the choristers will perform music of the season including Christmas carols, sacred songs and Hanukkah selections.
December 13-15: Fourth
Avenue Winter Street Fair is held the first weekend of
December all along 4th Avenue near Downtown between Ninth St. and University Blvd. Join tens of
thousands of Tucsonans and visitors to see more than 400
arts & craft booths, food, entertainers & musicians
from around the US, 2 stages & street performers. Free
from 10 am – 6 pm. Free event.
Saturday, December 14, 2019: Queen Astara’s Annual Winter Fairy Lights. Enjoy the wonderment of the festive lights and decorations while strolling Tucson’s own fairyland of enchanted gardens, stone fairy houses, grottos and water features — the heart of Magic in Tucson. 6:30 – 8:30 PM. Valley of the Moon,
Saturday, December 14-15, 2019: Tucson’s Regional Ballet’s "A Southwest Nutcracker." This annual holiday event in Tucson brings you to Tucson in the 1880s with a southwest version of "The Nutcracker." Saturday, December 14 and Sunday, December 15, 2019. Tucson Music Hall, 260 S. Church Avenue.
December 14-19, 2019: Winterhaven
Festival of Lights is one of the longest running festivals of its kind in the
country. The Festival of Lights celebrates the holiday
season in Tucson and is visited by hundreds of thousands of
people from all over southern Arizona. Free event.
December 14 and 21, 2019: Southern Arizona Women’s Chorus Presents "Spanish Allelu". This holiday season take a musical trip to Spain with the 50-voice Southern Arizona Women’s Chorus.
Sunday, December 15, 2019: Merry-Achi Christmas at 4:00 PM at the Fox Tucson Theatre. A proud fifth-generation mariachi musician, Maestro José Hernández and his platinum-selling Sol de México have broken countless barriers in mariachi music, becoming the first mariachi ensemble to be nominated for a Grammy Award.
Saturday, December 21, 2019: A CosmoChristmas® Celebration for the Whole Family. The best of traditional holiday cheer meets modern, cosmic and unique perspectives on this special time of year with a Winter Solstice Christmas Celebration at the Sea Of Glass—Center For The Arts. Bring the family out on Saturday, December 21st to enjoy two exquisite holiday choirs, a Christmas musical play filled with humor and touching moments, and a visit from ‘ol Saint Nick!
Wednesday, December 25, 2019: Christmas Day in Tucson
December 28-29, 2019: Ballet Tucson, Tucson’s own resident professional ballet company presents its beloved, traditional Victorian production of The Nutcracker at the Tucson Music Hall for 4 performances only.
Tuesday, December 31, 2019: New Year’s Eve Events in Tucson
New Year’s Eve "Murder at the Magic Show." Tucson New Year’s Comedy Magic Dinner Theater. Popular annual party of Tucson’s night of magic, mystery and dinner! Call 520-861-4800 for more information or RSVP. Last year’s event sold out early. More about Murder at the Magic Show dinner theatre events.
Tucson Hanukkah Events in 2019
Jewish Community Center (JCC) Upcoming Tucson Hanukkah events will be posted soon.
Temple Emanuel Hanukkah Events.
Arizona | California | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | Phoenix | Tombstone | Tucson | Tucson Gem Shows | Mt. Lemmon/Summerhaven