Raffi, North America’s preeminent family entertainer, is getting ready to perform a series of #BelugaGrads concerts around North America. Raffi’s fall schedule includes several shows around the United States, with details available at raffinews.com:
• Saturday, October 27 at 1 pm – Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA (sold out)
• Sunday, October 28 at 1 pm – State Theatre, Easton, PA
• Saturday, November 3 at 1 pm and 4 pm– Shubert Theatre, New Haven, CT (sold out)
• Sunday, November 4 at 1 pm and 4 pm – Town Hall, New York City (sold out)
• Saturday, November 24 at 1 pm (sold out) and 4 pm – Crest Theatre, Sacramento, CA
• Sunday, November 25 at 1 pm – Alex Theatre, Glendale, CA (sold out)
• Saturday, January 19 at 1 pm, Tampa Theatre, Tampa, FL
• Sunday, January 20 at 1 pm (sold out) and 4 pm, Parker Playhouse, Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Saturday, March 16 at 1 pm – Fox Theater, Tucson, AZ
• Sunday, March 17 at 1 pm — Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, AZ
Every advance purchase of a pair of tickets for these shows includes a choice of a digital download or CD of Raffi’s Dog on the Floor , The Best of Raffi, or Baby Beluga.
Raffi is a singer, songwriter, producer, author, lecturer, and tireless advocate for children. He is best known for his work as a children’s entertainer and advocate whose string of gold and platinum-selling recordings includes his iconic song, “Baby Beluga.” Once called “the most popular children’s singer in the English-speaking world” (Washington Post) and “Canada’s all-time children’s champion” (Toronto Star), Raffi is also a recipient of the Order of Canada and the United Nations’ Earth Achievement Award. He has published three books for adults and holds four honorary degrees. Together with science educator Suzanne Lyons, Raffi also created a cooperative Baby Beluga Game for children ages 3 and up.
Raffi has never advertised to children or made any commercial endorsements. His commitment to treating his young fans with respect has changed society’s outlook on music for children. Recent albums (Rounder Records) include Owl Singalong, The Best of Raffi, or Baby Beluga.
Raffi’s newest album is Dog on the Floor (Concord Records), embodying the qualities of fun, imagination and learning that have always animated Raffi’s songwriting.
“I love singing with and for children and families,” says Raffi. “I look forward to hearing more ‘Beluga Grads’ and their kids singing favorites like “Baby Beluga,” “Down by the Bay,” and “Bananaphone!” this fall and winter.
In 2010, Raffi founded the non-profit Raffi Foundation for Child Honouring. With the motto “Respecting Earth & Child,” the Foundation is at the heart of a global movement that views honoring children as the best way to create sustainable, peacemaking societies. For more about Raffi and the Centre, visit www.raffinews.com or www.childhonouring.org.