Exquisite jewelry designed and handcrafted by award-winning Native American artist Michael Garcia.
One of Garcia's braclets, "Life's Dancing Light," sold at The Heard Museum in Phoenix Arizona, January 1999 for $8,000. Another, "Pathways," sold for $10,000.
The goldwork is done by Michael Garcia. Stonework is done by Flint Carter.
The last of 6 pieces is still for sale- "Sunrise Set" asking $20,000.
Michael Garcia awards:
- Award of Excellence in Jewelry, Southwest Indian Art Fair - Arizona State Museum in Tucson
- 1997 recipient of the prestigious SWAIA - Arlene Feddes Fellowship Award, Recognition of Excellence in Native American Art
- First Place in Jewelry - Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Art Fair
- Best of Show, Best in Jewelry, First and Second Place in Jewelry - Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Art Fair
- First Place in jewelry, Santa Monica Ceremonial
- Best in Jewelry and Second Place - Dallas Art Festival Indian Market
- Best in Jewelry, Second Place Gold Category - Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Art Fair
For information on the handicraft designed by Flint Carter, call 520-289-4566. Email: [email protected]
© 2005-2011 EMOL.org Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved.