Entertainment Magazine: Tucson: Events
Tucson June 2017 Events
As the summer heat sets in, evenings in Tucson, and Southern Arizona in June are the best time of the year for outdoor events and festivals.
Submit your Tucson event listings for free. Please include the dates, times of your activity, a short description and contact information (include a phone number, web site link or email address for public contact). No attachments, please.
Father's Day in Tucson
June | July | August | September | October | November | December | Events Home
Search Tucson Event Listings
Tucson Happenings Throughout June 2017
Everyday in June
- Little Anthony's Diner will be offering FREE one-scoop ice cream sundaes to customers for every day we reach 105 or higher!
- Tucson Premium Outlets is excited to introduce We Love Locals Wednesdays, effective immediately. Every Wednesday, Arizona residents can receive a complimentary Savings Passport, worth hundreds of dollars in savings.
Fridays through September 1, 2017
- Cox Communications Movies in the Park Returns to Reid Park beginning May 5, 2017 on First Fridays this summer in partnership with Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance (SAACA) at Reid Park.
June 8, through August 27, 2017
June 7-July 12, 2017
- Fast Pitch applications opening SOON! FREE professional development! Calling Southern Arizona Nonprofits! Connect! Build Communication Skills! Increase Awareness! Apply for SVP Tucson’s 2017 Fast Pitch program. Online application opened June 7-July 12.
Through August 26, 2017
- ELGIN: Elgin Summer Concert Series – Kief-Joshua Elgin Tasting Room. Featuring a variety of live entertainers, including Angel Diamond and Rhythm Jax, Jenny Jarnigan, the Bryan Dean Trio, Corey Spector, Kroehler & Rovnak, Sage Gentle-Wing, Josh McCormack, Blaine Long, Joerdie (the daughter of the Brand New Key, the Rollerskate Song singer Melanie), Tommy Tucker, Jacob Acosta Band and more. Saturdays, 1-4 pm.
Through August 17, 2017
The University of Arizona Poetry Center Four Classes & Workshop opportunities this summer. Through the Classes & Workshops program, the Poetry Center offers continuing education in creative writing and literature: writing workshops, generative writing studios, and literary seminars--in poetry and prose.
Through August 4, 2017
Through June 4, 2017
Tucson Day by Day in June
Through July 1, 2017
Friday, June 3 & Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Ballet Rincon Academy of Dance, in southeast Tucson, Az. has dancers participating in our production of the ballet "Swan Lake" from all over Southern Arizona and the University of Arizona School of Dance. at 7pm at the Vail Theatre of the Arts.
Friday, June 2, 2017
Saturday, June 3, 2017
- SEE's upcoming performance with Nina Diaz at Hotel Congress on June 3rd in Tucson, AZ! SEE recently released her new music video for "Green Line Killer."
- American Made - starring The Presidio Boys, A Salute to the Oak Ridge Boys, the Statler Bros. and Country Gospel on Saturday, June 3, 7PM at The Gaslight Music Hall in Oro Valley.
Monday, June 5-July 28, 2017
Mondays, June 5-July 25, 2017
June 8, through August 27, 2017
Friday, June 9-Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Queen of the Night – Tohono Chul Park. Bloom Night is coming! To celebrate the beloved Peniocereus greggii or night-blooming cereus, an exhibition in the Entry Gallery will feature the Queen of the Night in all her glory. The exhibit will include objects from Tohono Chul’s permanent collection in addition to artwork by talented regional artists.
Friday, June 9, 2017
- Friday Night Live! at Main Gate Square - Haboob – Haboob performs traditional jazz at the 2017 Jazz Concert Series at Main Gate Square shopping and dining corridor. Parking is free in the Tyndall Garage after 5 pm with Main Gate merchant validation or validation at the concert. Free. 520-622-8613.
- ATC Summer Classic Films at the Temple of Music and Art, 7pm. The Misfits, John Huston’s 1961 drama written by Arthur Miller and starring Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Sunday, June 11, 2017
- MUSICAL MAYHEM CABARET presents Mayhem Loves the ‘90s- ONE PERFORMANCE ONLY- Sunday, June 11th 6pm at Unscrewed Theatre.
Monday, June 12, 2017
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Friday, June 16-Sunday, June 18, 2017
- THE TUCSON 23: A Mexican Food Festival Celebrating Visit Tucson's Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food in America on Saturday, June 17 on FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND at 6:00 PM.
Friday, June 16-Saturday, June 17, 2017
Friday, June 16, 2017
Saturday, June 17, 2017
- The Tucson 23: Mexican Food Festival - JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. Celebrating Visit Tucson's best 23 miles of Mexican food in America, feature weekend stay-cation packages, food demos and education, live music and more. $45 in advance - tickets include food samplings from up to 30 of the participating restaurants, beer and tequila sampling, live mariachi and norteño music. $49. 6 pm. 520-797-3959.
- Out of Harm's Way: Cacti Conservation in the Sonoran Desert, 12 PM & 2 PM.
- "Broadway Goes to Hollywood" at 7:30pm.
The Arizona Rose Theater Company.
- The Music of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young on Saturday, June 17, 7PM at The Gaslight Music Hall.
- 2017 Cool Summer Nights: Creatures of the Night – Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. Want to know what creatures party in the nighttime? Here’s your chance to find out! Experience live animal interpretations on grounds, spend time with our animated animals, and enjoy our popular Desert Survivors show. Free with museum admission. 5-10 pm. 520-883-2702.
- An Evening of Jazz, Blues with Robin Bessier & Lexi Weege at the Sea Of Glass. On Saturday, June 17th, the Sea Of Glass—Center For The Arts presents an evening with sultry female jazz vocalists Lexi Weege from Massachusetts and Robin Bessier from Washington.
Father's Day, Sunday, June 18, 2017
- Father's Days events in Tucson.
- ATC Summer Classic Films at the Temple of Music and Art, 2pm. Auntie Mame, a 1958 comedy/drama/romance starring Rosalind Russell and Forrest Tucker that won the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy and was nominated for six Academy Awards.
- Celebrate the life, the music and the legend that is Johnny Cash on Sunday, June 18 at 2PM & 6PM at The Gaslight Music Hall.
Monday, June 19, 2017
- Summer Chorus begins rehearsing a delectable menu of silly songs about food on Monday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. from June 5 through July 24 at Ascension Lutheran Church.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Wednesday, June 21-24, 2017
- Mass Blooming of The World’s Largest Private Collection of Peniocereus Greggii May Be Just Days Away at Tohono Chul.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- The presentation of the QUARTERLY SPEAKER SERIES will focus on mental health. Held at Episcopal Church of St. Matthew 6:30pm.
- Due to Overwhelming Fan Demand and Sold Out Auditoriums, ‘Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life’ Gets Special One-Night Encore Screening on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
June 22-August 17, 2017
Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Gordon Light foot In Concert: The Legend Lives On…. Fox Tucson Theatre. Presenting the legendary singer-songwriter. The tour will feature his well-known hits as well as some deep album cuts for the die-hard fanatics. All of which are woven together with some of Lightfoot's own behind the scenes stories and personal anecdotes about his historic 50-year musical career. $35 and up. 8 pm. 520-624-1515.
- The Gaslight Music Hall Our new "Gilligan's Island Revue" - FUN for the whole family! Our high-energy summer revue is coming your way !
Friday, June 23, 2017
- ATC Summer Classic Films at the Temple of Music and Art, 7pm. Giant, directed by George Stevens, who won the Oscar for Best Director, and released in 1956 starring Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean. Giant received nine Oscar nominations.
- Adopt-A-Bee and Receive an Exclusive Invite to the Pollinator Party on Friday, June 23, 2017. Everyone is abuzz about Tohono Chul’s second annual Adopt-A-Bee, where you get to adopt and name a native bee!
- FC Tucson Women's Soccer vs. Phoenix Del sol - Kino Sports North Stadium. FC Tucson Women's Professional Soccer League (WPSL) will take on the Phoenix Del Sol women's soccer team. Starts at 7:30 pm. Gates open 1 hour before kickoff. $7 adult, $4.90 children 5-12, Children 4 and under admitted free but not guaranteed seats. 520-334-1115 x1.
Saturday, June 24-Sunday, June 25, 2017
- The Tucson KidFest - Tucson Convention Center. The event will be held indoors at the Tucson Convention Center and will offer activities for kids of all ages, including skateboard/BMX half pipe shows, game trucks, jumping castles, carnival rides, laser tag, a Bookman’s Entertainment Area and more. 11 am. $15-12, 520-791-4101 X 1 or 800-745-3000.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
- El Dia de San Juan 2017 (San Juan Day) 20th annual celebration of St. John the Baptist is held from 5-10pm.
- Sea Of Glass—Center For The Arts presents Few Miles South, a 5-piece blend of traditional and modern country sounds with sonic influences ranging from Hank Williams and Patsy Cline, to the Allman Brothers and Sturgill Simpson.
- The Music of the Blues Brothers, 3PM & 7PM at The Gaslight Music Hall!
- 2017 Cool Summer Nights: Astronomy Night – Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. Join experts from the National Optical Astronomy Observatory (NOAO) for a star-studded adventure with lots of Solar System hands-on activities. Enjoy a lively discussion with Dr. Kevin Hainline about the fascinating formation of our solar system and the wonders of the night sky. He is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Arizona and member of the James Webb Space Telescope NIRCam science team. Free with museum admission, 5-10 pm. 520-883-2702.
Sunday, June 25 to November 27, 2017
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- ATC Summer Classic Films at the Temple of Music and Art, 7pm. Creature from the Black Lagoon, the 1954 horror flick starring Richard Carlson, Julie Adams and Richard Denning and featuring music by Henry Mancini.
- The Arizona Grand Opry at The Gaslight Music Hall on Sun., June 25, 6:00PM, is a new live music production organization dedicated to developing new talent by paying homage to the roots of American Country music.
Monday, June 26, 2017
- Summer Chorus begins rehearsing a delectable menu of silly songs about food on Monday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays through July 24 at Ascension Lutheran Church.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Air Supply, Australia’s most famous soft rock duo, is scheduled to perform Desert Diamond Casino’s Diamond Center.
- The Rillito River Band All Right Now Dance Party at The Gaslight Music Hall, 7pm.
- Summer Circus Recitals. Come check out the circus camp kids share their new skill! $5.00 suggested donation. June 16th, June 30th and July 14th at 4:30. 400 W Speedway Blvd.
Tucson Venues & Tickets
See more June 2017 Daily Events in Tucson.
This calendar has been produced by the Entertainment Magazine and the Arizona Office of Tourism to assist you in making travel arrangements. It is for information only and does not constitute a recommendation. Dates for events were correct at time of publication. Since dates are occasionally changed, please confirm them in advance.
July | August | September | October | November | December | Events Home
This Week's Official Entertainment Book Offer:
This calendar has been produced to assist you in making travel arrangements. It is for information only and does not constitute a recommendation. Dates for events were correct at time of publication. Since dates are occasionally changed, please confirm them in advance.
Tucson Local Books
Treasures of the Santa Catalina Mountains
Discover the legends and rich history of the Santa Catalina Mountains– the Iron Door Mine, Spanish Jesuit treasures, Buffalo Bill's mines, gold mining in Oracle when pioneers arrived to prospect the Catalina Mountains. Get a Free PDF download sample with pages selected from the book and visit the "Treasures of the Santa Catalinas" to read stories forgotten in time. Available at a discount on Amazon.
Across the Decades"
Read about the local Tucson entertainment scene from the 1950s through the 1990s. Over 700 pages of pages of musician interviews, original photographs and stories. If you played in a band or went to a nightclub during those years, you'll be familiar with many of these people and places. Published by Entertainment Magazine. Get a free PDF download sample with pages selected from the book! and read sample pages Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades.
© 1995-2017 EMOL.org.Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved. Robert E. Zucker, publisher.