Entertainment Magazine: Tucson: Events
Tucson Entertainment Events in February 2018
Submit your Tucson event listings for free. Please include the dates, times of your activity, a short description and contact information (include a phone number, web site link or email address for public contact). No attachments, please.
Search Tucson Event Listings
Download a free PDF copy of the current edition of Arizona Bookshelf.
Features Tucson local authors and books about Tucson's famous legends, history and entertainment.
Tucson Special Events in February
- February 3-Sept 15: 2018 Summit Series Racing Season at Tucson Dragway.
- February 24-25, 2018: 3rd Annual Buffalo Bill Cody Days in Oracle, Arizona. Presentations, entertainment, treasure hunt for the kids. Oracle Inn Steakhouse in Oracle. Free. 1:00-5:00pm both days. Real treasure hunt for the kids, magic show, Buffalo Bill Cody re-enactment, presentations, displays and more!
Through April 15, 2018
- Raptor Free Flight. Shows every day through April 15, 2018. (Dates and times subject to weather-related change). Raptor Free Flight is a dynamic bird of prey flight demonstration that occurs in the open desert showcasing natural behaviors of native birds. Arizona Desert Museum.
Through March 26, 2017
Through February 4, 2018
- Tucson Desert Song Festival - A 10-day classical voice festival bringing internationally known soloists and conductors to perform alongside Tucson Symphony Orchestra, Tucson Chamber Artists, UApresents, Chamber Music Plus, Ballet Tucson at varied locations. This year the festival will celebrate the life and music of Leonard Bernstein, the iconic conductor, composer, pianist and educator.
February 2-24, 2018
2018 Circus Classes Beginning Jan. 8th, classes for youth and adults in aerial silks, lyra, juggling, tightrope, stretching, conditioning and more. All classes at 400 W Speedway Blvd.
Through February 5, 2018
Through February 10, 2018
Annual Arizona Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase – Ramada Hotel, Hotel Tucson City Center. 300 mineral & fossil dealers from around the world offering specimens & related items in the areas of mineralogy, geology, paleontology. Free. 10 am - 6 pm. 505-867-0425 or http://www.mzexpos.com.
Through February 11, 2018
- American Indian Arts Exposition – Flamingo Hotel Ballroom. Demonstrations and artist change every 3-7 days, dances held at poolside, continuous flute music daily, authentic crafts and art from 80 tribal nations. Free admission and parking, scholarship donations appreciated. 10 am - 5 pm daily. 520-248-5849.
- SASO Presents a Chinese New Year Celebration with the Tucson Sino Choir. The Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra will present four concerts with the Tucson Sino Choir to celebrate the 2018 Chinese Lunar New Year, the Year of the Dog.
Tucson Events Day by Day
February 1, 2018
February 2-4, 2018
- Ballet Tucson in collaboration with the Tucson Desert Song Festival presents the Winter Concert 2018 - “Bernstein & Ballet“ February 2-4 at the Stevie Eller Dance Theatre. The Festival-wide celebration of Leonard Bernstein’s 100th Birthday culminates with Ballet Tucson’s “A Tribute to Leonard Bernstein.”
- SIERRA VISTA: 26th Annual Cochise Cowboy Poetry & Music Gathering – Buena Performing Arts Center. More than 60 artists from all over the U.S. and Canada in three major stage performances and free mini-concerts, learn the history of the Arizona Territory through song and poetry, celebration of Western culture, history and folklore presented through the song and verse of real cowboys. Friday and Saturday evenings at 7 pm and Sunday matinee at 1 pm. $6-20, free thematic shows are Sat. 10 am - 5 pm. 520-508-9359.
Friday, February 2, 2018
- Footloose With local band, 80s and Gentlemen! Friday night Feb. 2, 7PM, at The Gaslight Music Hall presents a retro 80's themed dance party with 80's and Gentlemen.
Saturday, February 3-4, 2018
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Monday, February, 5, 2018
- National Park Adventure: Three Years, 417 Parks on February 5 at 2 PM. Join Mikah Meyer, on his way to becoming the first person to visit all 417 National Park Service sites in one nonstop trip, for a talk about his world record journey.
- Kevin Sterner and Strait Country, performing the critically acclaimed "Tribute to the Music of George Strait," re-create the exact arrangements that you have heard on this Country Legend’s CD’s and in his concert performances on Monday, Feb. 5, 7PM at The Gaslight Theatre.
February 5-April 5, 2018
- Gaslight After-School Theatre Kids Camp At The Gaslight Music Hall in Oro Valley for ages 7-15 from February 6th-April 5th. Have you ever wanted to perform on the Gaslight stage? Here is your chance!
February 6, 2018
- Hopi Katsinam from 10 AM–5 PM, Katsina dolls, carved representations of Hopi deities, have captured the public imagination for decades.
- "The Sounds of Music" (Young and Old) Benefit Concert & Silent Auction with Civic Orchestra of Tucson on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at the Tucson Jewish Community Center. Silent Auction opens at 6:30 and continues during the intermission. Concert starts at 7:00 pm.
February 7-11, 2018
- TUBAC: 59th Annual Tubac Festival of the Arts – Arizona’s longest running art festival, showcases the work of hundreds of visiting artists, craft persons and musicians from around the country, horse-drawn trolleys, roving entertainers and a food court featuring a variety of cuisines. Free. $8 parking. 10 am - 5 pm. 520-398-2704.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Thursday, February 8-11, 2018
- TUCSON: 64th Annual Gem & Mineral Show: Crystals and Crystal Forms – Convention Center. Exhibits of mineral specimens from the world's finest museums & private collections, world's largest show featuring mineral, gem, jewelry, lapidary & book dealers. $13. Children 14 and under free with a paying adult. Th-Sa 10 am - 6 pm, Sun 10 am - 5 pm. 520-322-5773 or http://www.tgms.org.
Friday, February 9-11, 2018
- The 2018 Parade of Homes presented by Southern Arizona Home Builders Association (SAHBA) highlights over 65 homes by 13 builders with a full range of beautifully crafted floors plans. The show is held during the weekends of February 9-11, 2018, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and February 16-18, 2018, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at multiple locations in Southern Arizona.
Friday, February 9-11, 2018
- CASA GRANDE: 15th Annual Wuertz Farm Gourd Festival – “Running of the Gourds” - Pinal County Fairgrounds. Wuertz Farm's 15th Annual "Running of the Gourds" festival is a nationally acclaimed event featuring over 100 gourd artists/vendors, reserved classes, AzGS judged show, entertainment, wide variety of food vendors dried gourds for sale. Fri-Sat 9 am – 5 pm, Sun 10 am – 3 pm. 520-723-4432.
Saturday, February 10-11, 2018
Mata Ortiz Pottery on Saturday, February 10 & Sunday, February 11, 10 AM–5 PM each day. Contemporary Mata Ortiz pottery displays pre-Hispanic influences fused with American Indian craftsmanship. Intricate pottery and vibrant Zapotec rugs will be available for purchase.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
- A Star is Born- Barbra Streisand Tribute on Feb. 10, 6PM at The Gaslight Music Hall in Oro Valley. Powerhouse vocalist Katherine Byrnes pays tribute to the diva of all divas in A Star is Born, the story and songs of Barbra Streisand.
- APACHE JUNCTION: 20th Annual Benefit Car and Motorcycle Show – Apache Junction High School. First 100 to preregister receive a goody bag. Attracts 100 participants from car clubs and individual car and motorcycle enthusiasts. Benefits the NJROTC program. Activities include a live auction, 50/50 raffle, music, breakfast/lunch for purchase and awards for different classes of vehicles. Free for spectators. 10 am – 3 pm. 480-460-0331 or [email protected]
- FLORENCE: 33rd Annual Florence Historic Home Tour – Florence Visitor Center. A special celebration of the town’s rich territorial history, unique homes and buildings will be featured on this year’s tour. $10-15. 10 am - 4 pm. 520-868-7699.
February 10-April 1, 2018
- GOLD CANYON: 30th Annual Arizona Renaissance Festival – A medieval amusement park, a 13-stage theater, a 30-acre circus, an arts & crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast- all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure. $14-24, Sat-Sun & President’s Day. 10 am - 6 pm rain or shine. 520-463-2600 or http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Kief-Joshua Vineyards will host a dinner and wine event on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 6-8 p.m., presented by Las Vigas Steak Ranch.
February 11-12, 2018
- Mark Cordes as The Spouse Whisperer at both Gaslight Music Hall and Gaslight Theatre. Come spend an evening with hilarious comedian Mark Cordes as you examine the ups and downs of dating, relationships, marriage, divorce and all other aspects of this crazy thing we call life.
- “Mazinger Z,” one of the original and most loved super robot mecha from the ‘70s, comes to 500+ movie cinemas nationwide for the first time on Sunday, February 11 at 12:55 p.m. and Monday, February 12 at 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 13-25, 2018
- Invisible Theatre continues its 47th Anniversary Season with BLACK PEARL SINGS! by Frank Higgins, directed by Susan Claassen, and starring To-Ree-Nee Wolf and Katherine Byrnes.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 Valentine's Day
Thursday, February 15, 2018
- St. Philip’s Friends of Music presents noontime recitals during Lent on Thursdays at 12:15 p.m. beginning February 15 through March 15 in the Bloom Music Center.
- CASA GRANDE: Day Out Downtown Living History Tour – Main Street Patio. Historical walking tour, refreshments, living history tour, merchant scavenger hunt and more on each third Thursday through April. 9:30 am. 520-836-8744.
Friday, February 16-18, 2018
- 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo – Epic Rides hosts one of the largest 24-hour mountain bike endurance events in the world, with a bike expo, dedication dinner, late-night entertainment, reasonably priced entry fees and 24 hours of tunes provided by 91.3 KXCI Community Radio. Limited to 1,400. 520-745-2033.
- The 2018 Parade of Homes presented by Southern Arizona Home Builders Association (SAHBA) highlights over 65 homes by 13 builders with a full range of beautifully crafted floors plans. The show is held during the weekend of February 16-18, 2018, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at multiple locations in Southern Arizona.
Friday, February 16, 2018
Saturday, February 17-25, 2018
- 93rd Annual La Fiesta de los Vaqueros – The Tucson Rodeo & Parade - Tucson Rodeo Grounds. Top contestants in the sport of rodeo, vying for a share of more than $350,000 in prize money, this PRCA rodeo is America's largest, outdoor, midwinter rodeo; standard events as well as special acts, clowns, little buckaroos in Mutton Bustin’ and Justin Junior Rodeo & a parade on Thursday. $14-28. 1 pm. 520-741-2233 or http://www.tucsonrodeo.com H z
- CASA GRANDE: Casa Grande Cowboy Days and O’Odham Tash - Rodeo Grounds. A week of roping competitions, a two-day all-Native American rodeo, parade, also Maple Leaf Classic Roping ‘Canadian Only’; nationally recognized Mike Cervi Jr. Memorial Roping with the nation’s top ropers; barrel racing; roping and a Ranch Rodeo with real working ranch cowboys. Chuck wagons, music, Pony Express, shooters, cowhorse, wild horse race & more.
Saturday, February, 17, 2018
- The Tucson Black Film Club addresses the issue of Place, Belonging and Ownership at it upcoming Black Film Festival to be held Saturday, February 17, 2018, 11-5 p.m. at the Dunbar Cultural Center.
- ORO VALLEY: Off the Vine Arizona Wine Festival at the historic Steam Pump Ranch in Oro Valley, Arizona from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The 5th annual festival will feature tastings from more than 20 Arizona wineries and vineyards, along with live music and local food and craft vendors.
- ORO VALLEY: Cruise, BBQ & Blues Festival – Oro Valley Marketplace. Live oldies music, kids' activities, food, 20 different classes of autos, live Blues music on the main stage, classic BBQ. Benefit. $5 admission, 10 and under free. 10 am – 3 pm. 520-797-3959.
- SONOITA: Sonoita Vineyards Presents: Sweet and Savory 2018! 5 Food and Wine Pairings, Souvenir Glass, and a catered lunch from Happy Cookers Catering. ONLY 11 TICKETS LEFT $35/person. Volare Helicopters will be on-site to give amazing tours to all who want a romantic experience! Sat, February 17, 2018, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, February 18, 2018
- The Manhattan Dolls in "Sentimental Journey!" on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2PM at The Gaslight Music Hall!.
- Tucson Folk Festival- Triple Play Fundraiser. A dozen musical acts celebrating the songs of Trifurcated Troubadours (musicians with 3 names), 2pm-6pm at Monterey Court- Courtyard Stage.
- THE SECOND ANNUAL COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER FAIR at The Historic Y, 300 E. University Blvd at N. 5th Ave., President’s Day, Monday February 19th, from 3:30 to 6pm.
- APACHE JUNCTION/GOLD CANYON: 17th Annual Lost Dutchman Marathon - Run at the base of Superstition Mountain near the rumored site of the legendary Lost Dutchman Mine. A favorite of serious marathoners and casual runners alike, follows a USATF-certified course and can be used as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon, features a pre-race campfire, and includes a 2K Fun Run, 8K Trail Run, 10K and Half Marathon. $22-110. 7:30 am.
Monday, February 19, 2018
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Bluegrass Jamboree at The Gaslight Music Hall on Tues., Feb. 20, 6:00PM. It’s just what you’ve been waiting for at The Gaslight Music Hall!
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Bluegrass Jamboree! Prepare to be regaled on the musical trail with multi-award winning cowboy singer/songwriter Dave Stamey at The Gaslight Music Hall on Wed., Feb. 21, 6:00PM.
Thursday, February 22, 2018
Friday, February 23, 2018
- ‘70s rock group, Foghat, is making a stop at Desert Diamond Casino’s Diamond Center on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2018. Tickets go on sale today at 10 a.m. and are available through Star Tickets and at Desert Diamond Casino’s Rewards Center. Tickets start at $15. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m.
- Music for the Soul With George Howard Motown & Soul Review Let's Dance on Friday, Feb. 23, 7PM at The Gaslight Music Hall
- Tucson Career Fair this Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Reid Park - Hundreds of local jobs are up for grabs.
Saturday, February 24-25, 2018
- 3rd Annual Buffalo Bill Cody Days in Oracle, Arizona. Presentations, entertainment, treasure hunt for the kids. Oracle Inn Steakhouse in Oracle. Free. 1:00-5:00pm both days. Real treasure hunt for the kids, magic show, Buffalo Bill Cody re-enactment, presentations, displays and more!
- Country music star Aaron Watson makes special Tucson Rodeo weekend appearance at Desert Diamond Casino’s Diamond Center.
Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Country music star Aaron Watson is making a special Tucson Rodeo weekend appearance at Desert Diamond Casino’s Diamond Center.
- A salute to the Everly Brothers and the timeless harmonies of rock and roll duos on Sat., Feb. 24, 2PM & 6PM at The Gaslight Music Hall
- ORACLE: 3rd Annual Buffalo Bill Cody Days in Oracle, Arizona. Presentations, entertainment, treasure hunt for the kids. Oracle Inn Steakhouse in Oracle. Free. 1:00-5:00pm
Sunday, February 25, 2018
3rd Annual Buffalo Bill Cody Days in Oracle, Arizona. Presentations, entertainment, treasure hunt for the kids. Oracle Inn Steakhouse in Oracle. Free. 1:00-5:00pm.
- "How the West Was Sung! Gaslight Music Hall is hosting international-touring Country & Western artist, Joni Harms, for one show only at 6PM.
February 26, 2018
- The 4 Dimensions is a show that brings together the out-of-this-world talent of 4 different performers and treats the audience to some of the greatest hits spanning 4 decades on Monday, February 26th at 7pm at Gaslight Theatre.
February 27, 2018
See more February 2018 Daily Event Listings in Tucson.
Tucson Venues & Tickets
This calendar has been produced by the Entertainment Magazine and the Arizona Office of Tourism to assist you in making travel arrangements. It is for information only and does not constitute a recommendation. Dates for events were correct at time of publication. Since dates are occasionally changed, please confirm them in advance.
This Week's Official Entertainment Book Offer:
This calendar has been produced to assist you in making travel arrangements. It is for information only and does not constitute a recommendation. Dates for events were correct at time of publication. Since dates are occasionally changed, please confirm them in advance.
Tucson Local Books
Treasures of the Santa Catalina Mountains
Discover the legends and rich history of the Santa Catalina Mountains– the Iron Door Mine, Spanish Jesuit treasures, Buffalo Bill's mines, gold mining in Oracle when pioneers arrived to prospect the Catalina Mountains. Get a Free PDF download sample with pages selected from the book and visit the "Treasures of the Santa Catalinas" to read stories forgotten in time. Available at a discount on Amazon.
Across the Decades"
Read about the local Tucson entertainment scene from the 1950s through the 1990s. Over 700 pages of pages of musician interviews, original photographs and stories. If you played in a band or went to a nightclub during those years, you'll be familiar with many of these people and places. Published by Entertainment Magazine. Get a free PDF download sample with pages selected from the book! and read sample pages Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades.
© 1995-2018 EMOL.org.Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved. Robert E. Zucker, publisher.