Tucson Entertainment Events 2017 Calendar
Find something happening every day and evening in Tucson. The Tucson Events Calendar has local listings of entertainment events happening today, this week or this month for kids, visitors and families.
2018: January | Tucson Gem Show | September
Tucson Book Shelf Local Authors
Seasonal Tucson Holiday Events:
Oktoberfests | Halloween | Thanksgiving
Christmas & Hannukah | New Year's Eve
Mother's Day | Memorial Day | Father's Day |
Tucson Fireworks | Labor Day
More Southern Arizona Events:
Mt. Lemmon | Oro Valley | Oracle | Marana | Green Valley | Sonoita | Tombstone | Tubac | Tucson Gem Shows
Submit free Tucson entertainment, sports and event listings for consideration text only, (no attachments, please). The Tucson Entertainment Magazine has been online since January 17, 1995.
Purchase tickets for upcoming Tucson entertainment and sporting events at Ticket Network or TicketFly.
Tucson Events Guides
Tucson is blessed with great weather in the winter, so there are several special major winter and spring festivals and activities that happen every year.
Tucson sunset photo by Chad E. Might. See more Tucson mountain photos.
Free Book Downloads
Read sample chapters from books by local Tucson authors, download free PDFs at Tucson Bookshelf.
Download a free PDF copy
of the current edition of Arizona Bookshelf.
Profiles of local Tucson authors and their books. Find out how to download free PDFs of many of these books or to purchase books online.
Read about the legends and history of the Santa Catalina Mountains, including the Iron Door Mine legends and the Tucson Gold Rush of the 1880s.
Through November 27, 2017
Through October 10, 2017
- Photographs by Sean Stuchen are on display in the Mayor's Office through September 15, 2017. Viewing hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fridays through September 1, 2017
Through August 27, 2017
Through August 26, 2017
- ELGIN: Elgin Summer Concert Series – Kief-Joshua Elgin Tasting Room. Featuring a variety of live entertainers, including Angel Diamond and Rhythm Jax, Jenny Jarnigan, the Bryan Dean Trio, Corey Spector, Kroehler & Rovnak, Sage Gentle-Wing, Josh McCormack, Blaine Long, Joerdie (the daughter of the Brand New Key, the Rollerskate Song singer Melanie), Tommy Tucker, Jacob Acosta Band and more. Saturdays, 1-4 pm.
Through August 17, 2017
The University of Arizona Poetry Center Four Classes & Workshop opportunities this summer. Through the Classes & Workshops program, the Poetry Center offers continuing education in creative writing and literature: writing workshops, generative writing studios, and literary seminars--in poetry and prose.
Through August 17, 2017
As the weather cools in October, the city celebrates the annual Desert Thunder Pro Rodeo, Anza Days in Tubac, AZ), La Fiesta de los Chiles, Annual Desert Blue Grass Festival. These are some of the main Tucson highlight event for the month.
- Arizona Theatre Company (ATC) heads into its 50th season with a bold new look, new webiste and powerful slate of entertainment through the winter.
- The Arizona Opera coming season will be an astounding collection of "firsts" for the company.
- Nightmare on Congress St. The colossal annual downtown tradition, Nightmare On Congress St., kicks-off Halloweekend at Club Congress. Partygoers should get dressed in their Halloween best for a costume contest.
- Halloween at Hotel Congress - 8 p.m. / Saturday, October 31: Nothing could be more right than celebrating All Hallows' Eve at the historic Hotel Congress. Famously known as the hotel with history, the nearly century-old building is ideal for such a haunted holiday.
- More Halloween events in Tucson and surrounding communities.
- Tucson Oktoberfest Festivals in Tucson, Mt. Lemmon and Southern Arizona.
- More Tucson October events
November Tucson Events
- November Tucson entertainment events
- El Tour de Tucson
- Holiday Artisans Market
- Tohono Chul Park Holiday Nights
- Sahuarita Pecan Festival
- Vail County Fair
- See more daily, weekly and monthy November 2017 Tucson activities and events.
December Holiday Tucson Events
January Tucson Events
March Tucson Events
March, April and May are the best months of the year, especially for outdoor activites like hikes, runs and walks.
- March 2017 daily events listings
- Tucson Conquistadores Classic-PGA Champions Golf Tour
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Wa:k Pow Wow
April Tucson Events
May 2017 Tucson Events
The month of May in Tucson spotlights several annual outdoor runs/walks and the ever popular Tucson Folk Festival. See all May daily events in Tucson.
- Cox Communications Movies in the Park Returns to Reid Park beginning May 5, 2017 on First Fridays this summer in partnership with Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance (SAACA) at Reid Park.
- Meet Me Downtown 5K Night Run/Walk by the Arizona Roadrunners
- Annual Mt. Lemmon Hill Climb to the top of the Santa Catalina Mountains.
- Tucson Heart Group Cinco de Mayo 10K Fitness Fiesta, Tucson’s largest and most scenic 10K event that winds through Starr Pass in the Tucson Mountains foothills.
- The annual Tucson Folk Festival is also held in May.
- Tombstone's Wyatt Earp Days brings throusands to the Town Too Tough To Die.
- See more daily, weekly and monthy May 2017 Tucson activities and events.
Vasile European Hair Salon has been in Tucson for more than 20 years. Mention This Internet Coupon Special to get 15% off. No need to cut out the ad, just tell Stan or Lydia Vasile you saw the 15% off special online!
6923 E. Broadway Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85710. Call for appointment: 520-298-HAIR (4247)
Tucson Area Annual Events
Tucson Venues Events & Tickets
Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades
A Nostalgic look at Tucson
from the 1950s through 1990s
100 page compilation
Read a free sample from all three volumes
The entertainment scene in Tucson, Arizona during the 1950s through the 1990s was vibrant. Thousands of local musicians played in hundreds of venues. Now, much of the culture has been preserved for history in a 3-volume set of "Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades."
Local Foods from Tucson
Authentic El Charro Salsa Basico (Mild) salsa from Tucson, Arizona's own El Charro Café. Have a piece of Tucson mailed to you. Find more local products from El Charro Café.
Restaurant.com has special coupons offers for dozens of Tucson restaurants
Tucson Dining & Entertainment
Tucson Travel Accommodations
Tucson Businesses Sites
Explore Tucson's history
Tucson, Arizona is one of the oldest settlements in the United States, ranking in age next after San Augustine, Florida, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Santa Catalina mountains has been experiencing a gold rush for hundreds of years.
A new book on the "Treasures of the Santa Catalina Mountains" reveals the legends and hidden history of the Catalina Mountains, north of Tucson. Discover how the Spanish, Mexican and American settlers became prospectors and then miners over hundreds of years. Spanish history in Tucson can be traced back to 1649, when a military station was established by the Spaniards to protect the Mission of San Xavier. The area was occupied by Native Americans for over 10,000 years before. Read and download several accounts about Tucson's early pioneer days and Tucson history.
Just below Mt. Lemmon's backside lies one of the great stories of the search for gold in the mountains, the lost city and the lost Iron Door mine.
Today, a quick drive to the Catalinas reveals that hidden treasures still do exist. Explore the historical records that account for that thousands of pounds of gold in quartz that has been extracted from the Catalina mountains. Read about Arizona's Gold Rush.
Yelp in Tucson
Over 44 Million people use Yelp each month to connect with great local businesses. Yelp Deals is an exciting new daily deal offering showcasing a local Tucson business to Yelpers with a deep discount. Promote your Business on Yelp - Free
© 1995-2017 EMOL.org.Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved. Robert E. Zucker, publisher.