Mt. Lemmon & Tucson Oktoberfest 2020 & Halloween Events
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - Monday, November 30, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
There are some Tucson Oktoberfest events being held this year. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has put a damper on most event celebrations. Drive-throughs and corn mazes have become a popular alternative. Traditionally, in Germany, Oktoberfest is a 16-day festival that starts in late September and runs through October. In the Tucson desert, Oktoberfest is celebrated throughout September through October. With the lack of Oktoberfest events, local outdoor Halloween drive-through events and corn mazes are still happening throughout October.
Tucson Oktoberfest Events
The Annual Tucson Beer Festival, normally held the third weekend of October, is cancelled for this year.
Mt. Lemmon Oktoberfest one of the most popular festivals is also cancelled this year. This event is an annual festival of German food and live German music in the forest at Mount Lemmon Ski Valley. This free event featured music from local performers and live German bands. Sponsored by the Ski Valley and the Iron Door Restaurant. Call 520-576-1400 or 520-576-1321 for updates or visit skithelemmon.com.
Halloween Drive-Through Events
- Chalk for Hope, Heroes and Halloween is drive-through event on October 31st at the Oro Valley Marketplace. This drive-through celebration honors Oro Valley’s first responders. Attendees can safely enjoy stunning colorful pop-up murals, participate in a costume contest from their cars, and receive prepackaged treat bags at the Oro Valley Marketplace, October 31, 2020 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Halloween Drive-Thru-A-Palooza on Saturday, October 31 from 4:30-7 p.m. at the Northminster Presbyterian Church; 2450 E. Fort Lowell Rd. and Tucson Boulevard. Dress up and celebrate 15 years of safe treating at Northminster Church! No tricks, all treats! Bring the whole family for this DRIVE-THRU ONLY event! You’ll make one stop to receive a goodie-filled bag for each child in your vehicle. Please wear a mask.
- Drive-Thru Fall Festival at Grace Community Church
Grace Community Church 9755 N. LaCholla Blvd, Tucson
- Harvest Festival Drive-Thru at Christ Community Church, 530 S. Pantano Road
Free.6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Drive Thru Trunk of Treat at Rincon Mountain Presbyterian Church, 8445 E. Tanque Verde Road. 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Corn Mazes Around Tucson
The traditional corn mazes continue to operate this month around Tucson. All visitors are required to wear masks and social distance when possible. Walking through an outdoor corn maze is much safer than crammed indoors. But all outdoor Halloween corn mazes required face masks and encourage social distancing. Extra sanitation measures, such as
- Apple Annie’s Corn Maze held from Sept. 19 – Oct. 31 from 9:00 a.m. with the last entry at 4:00 p.m. every day. 12.5-acre, 600,000-stalk corn maze opens every day at 9:00am with the last entry at 4:00pm. With two levels of difficulty spend as little or as much time as you want exploring the pathways of the maze. Bring your family and friends for fun competition. Apple Annie’s Pumpkin Patch, 6405 W Williams Rd, Willcox, AZ 85643.
- Buckelew Farms will continue to hold its annual Terror in the corn maze. Open on weekends starting Oct. 2 through Oct. 31. New location at I-10 & Tangerine (Exit 240.) in northwest Tucson. Masks will be required for ALL staff and also for patrons. Everything is now outdoors. Six feet of distancing will be required wherever applicable. Online ticketing encouraged. Hand sanitizer stations throughout property Increased frequency of cleaning common areas. Limited group sizes and number of people per attraction. No corn maze in 2020.
- Marana Pumpkin Patch Farm & Festival is open from Oct. 3 to Halloween night Oct. 31, 12pm-7pm. Animal care standards will remain exceptional and include regular sanitization of animal areas and surfaces. Employees will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly. Farmers market items, produce, and farm merchandise will be handled with utmost care and in accordance with recommended community guidelines. Masks are required. Closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Saturday and Sunday 9am-7pm- stay all day! 14901 W. Wentz Road in Marana. 520-305-5481.
Tucson Virtual Halloween Events
- Carve-Con 2020 is a free, spooky, family-friendly virtual Halloween event. Every Friday in October features a different set of Halloween-related activities.
Join FrightVision as they take Freaky Fridays in October to another level with CarveCon!
- October 9th: Opening night will feature a spooky sketch night where artists teach kids how to draw spooky things as well as a science lab, where kids and other special guests can participate in Halloween experiments.
- October 16th: Bring your competitive edge, it’s Spooky Game Night! Spooky Game Night will feature a mystery game for the kids to solve and other games including scavenger hunts, would you rather and many other spooky thrills.
- October 23rd: Settle in for Spooky Tales Around the Fire Night. Storytellers will tell their spookiest stories for everyone to listen to.
- October 30th: The grand finale will have the top stories from the writing contest for kids, read by some amazing published authors, including Dan Poblocki, Lorien Lawrence, Lindsay Currie, Ronald L Smith, Michael Northrop and so on. To further get the kids engaged and involved, Crantz is hosting a Spooky Writing Contest.
See more Tucson Oktoberfest Events in 2020.
Check out Halloween Events in Tucson.
Visit Mt. Lemmon Home Page.
Read about local authors and their book. Download a free PDF copy of the current edition of Arizona Bookshelf.
Fifty years of Tucson entertainment, thousands of entertainers and hundreds of bands in Tucson, Arizona between the 1950s into the 2000s. Read chapters and download free PDFsample.
Legends of lost mines, lost cities and a lost mission in the Santa Catalina Mountains, North of Tucson, Arizona, have been passed down by word of mouth for generations. Read chapters and download free PDF sample.
Post Free Events: Include your event description, location, dates and times and contact information. Email to [email protected].
Arizona | California | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | Phoenix | Tombstone | Tucson | Tucson Gem Shows | Mt. Lemmon/Summerhaven