Magazine: Tucson: Events
Tucson Holiday Events:
Christmas and Hanukkah
Due to the ongoing pandemic, many annual Christmas and Hanukkah celebrations in Tucson are on-hold until further notice.
This year, Hanukkah (also spelled as Hannukah or Chanukah) falls on Thursday, December 10 through Friday, December 18, 2020.
and times for some of these Tucson holiday events have not
been finalized yet. Since they are annual events, follow the
links for updated information. More events will be
posted as they are announced.
Expect that any indoor or outdoor holiday events in Tucson will require face masks and social distancing.
These are some of
the popular holiday activites and upcoming family daily and weekend winter
events in Tucson. Submit
your free Tucson holiday event to [email protected]
2020 Holiday Events in Tucson
- New Year's Eve Magic & Mystery Dinner Theater Show & Party with Tucson New Year's Comedy Magic Dinner Theater. Popular annual party of Tucson's night of magic, comedy, mystery and dinner at the Westward Look! Call 520-861-4800 for more information or RSVP. Last year's event sold out early. More about NYE Tucson Magic Show dinner theatre.
- Our Lady of Joy Catholic Parish will hold the 13th annual Christmas bazaar on Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The church is located at 36811 N. Pima Road in Carefree, Ariz. This popular community event, sponsored by Our Lady’s Guild, will feature numerous hand-picked vendors. Holiday shopping deals and cool items include jewelry, ladies apparel, photography, a pet boutique, fused glass, purses, quilts, rock art sculptures, gourd art, holiday ornaments and wreaths, children and doll apparel, imported olive oils, woodworking/cutting boards, beaded wrapped silverware, watercolor paintings, metal yard art, Native American crafts and more. Admission is free and there is plenty of parking. COVID-19 alert: Every precaution is being put in place to allow for social distancing and masks will be required. Please check oloj.org closer to the event to verify status. For more information, call 480.575.5238.
Nights at Tohono Chul Park may hold it annual holiday event this year with music,
home-baked cookies, shopping, holiday dining, stroll through
thousands of twinkling lights, live music. 7366 N. Paseo Del Norte, 520-742-6455.
- The Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus Tree Lot will be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Hours of operation are Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 9pm and Sundays 10am to 7pm. The lot features fresh cut trees at competitive prices. Trees available include Douglas Fir, Noble Fir, Grand Fir and Nordman Fir. Deliveries are available. The Chorus also sells fresh wreaths and garland.
- Reid Park Zoo Lights may be open with Santa, entertainment, hot chocolate, food and snow. 6pm-8pm. Check web site for updates. Reid Park Zoo, 3400 E. Zoo Court. reidparkzoo.org/event/zoo-lights-2019
- Oro Valley Festival of the Arts & Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration has not announced a holiday celebration event.
- Marana Holiday Festival and Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony is the biggest Christmas tree and light show in Southern Arizona. Schedule to be announced. 11555 W. Civic Circle Drive in Marana. Free event.
- SAHUARITA HOLIDAY ARTISAN MARKET, December 19 & 20, 2020, Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM, Sunday 11 AM - 4 PM. Free Admission. The Sahuarita Holiday Artisan Market adds vibrancy to Sahuarita by creating opportunities for people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds to experience the visual arts and support local artists. This market features up to 45 juried artists and exhibitors in all mediums and special socially distanced art experiences. Two food trucks will be onsite throughout the weekend.
- Ballet Tucson will host its 19th Annual Sugar Plum Tea. There are few things more rewarding than experiencing the joy of tradition during the holiday season, and the Sugar Plum Tea has become a tradition for Tucson families.
Avenue Winter Street Fair is held the first weekend of
December all along 4th Avenue near Downtown between Ninth St. and University Blvd. Join tens of
thousands of Tucsonans and visitors to see more than 400
arts & craft booths, food, entertainers & musicians
from around the US, 2 stages & street performers. Free
from 10 am - 6 pm. Free event.
- Holiday Arts Market is a great opportunity to purchase holiday gifts! The market features contemporary and traditional American Indian jewelry, Mata Ortiz pottery and jewelry, Zapotec rugs, and Oaxacan woodcarvings. Call 520-622-6014.
- Tucson's Regional Ballet's "A Southwest Nutcracker." This annual holiday event in Tucson brings you to Tucson in the 1880s with a southwest version of "The Nutcracker." Schedule to be announced for Tucson holidays. Tucson Music Hall, 260 S. Church Avenue.
Festival of Lights is one of the longest running festivals of its kind in the
country. The Festival of Lights celebrates the holiday
season in Tucson and is visited by hundreds of thousands of
people from all over southern Arizona. Free event.
- 18th Annual Miracle en el Barrio event, presented by NOVA® Home Loans, is located at 602 W. Ajo Way in Tucson. Schedule to be announced.
Wednesday, December 25, 2020: Christmas Day in Tucson. All Tucson Holiday Events Calendar.
Tucson Hanukkah Events in 2020
Submit your free Tucson
holiday event to [email protected]
Tucson Entertainment Book
Holiday Festivals in
Annual Cascabel Community Fair is held on the banks
of the San Pedro River.
Nights: Fiesta de la Navidad - Village of Tubac,
hundreds of luminarias line the streets and artist studios,
shops open until 9 pm, carolers, homemade food, Santa, free, 520-398-2704.
- TUMACACORI: 48th
Annual La Fiesta de Tumacacori - celebrating the many
cultures that were historically and presently associated
with the Santa Cruz Valley, traditional creations of all the
cultures including 50 food and craft booths, continuous live
entertainment on stage and children’s activities, a Mariachi
Mass preceded by a traditional procession on Sunday, free, 520-398-2341.
Annual Walk for Kids - UA Mall, join 1,000
walkers supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities of
Southern Arizona, presented by McDonald’s Local
Owner/Operators, HSL Properties, and Walgreens, features
family activities in a Kids’ Zone, music, snacks, hot
beverages, special appearances by Santa Claus, Ronald
McDonald, the UA Pep Band and more, registration includes
your official Walk for Kids long-sleeved t-shirt, 8 am.
Bell Walk held at Reid Park. This popular Tucson
events has jingle bells on the shoes of 100s of people
walking & running a 5K, costumes, food, fun, children's
activities, free T-shirt, $35 minimum pledge for Arthritis
Foundation, check in at 9 am, 520-917-7070.
National Winter Tennis Championships at the
Reffkin Tennis Center is a top-rated 12- and
under-14-year-old tennis players compete in major, annual
United States Tennis Association (USTA) sanctioned event,
Run Through the Lights in Winterhaven Square. 5K
fun run through the lights of the Winterhaven neighborhood,
flat, paved course, closed to automobiles, festive, holiday
attire is encouraged, free, 6 pm, 520-326-9383.
Lights at Reid Park Zoo. Twinkling lights and
jingle bells, Santa Claus, and holiday decor, music, and
refreshments, $1-4, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
nights, 6-8 pm, 520-791-4022.
Christmas Tree Lots
Arizona Boys Chorus Christmas Tree Lot is
staffed by Chorus members and their parents, and has been a
traditional holiday fundraiser for the non-profit group. The
lot will be open through from 12:00 noon to
9:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays, 10:00AM to 9:00PM Fridays
and Saturdays and 10:00AM to 7:00 PM on Sundays.
This Week's Online Offers for
Your Tucson Events Posted Free: Tucson-area
non-profit groups and community organizations can
post Tucson event listings for free. Email your
Tucson event, presentation, workshop, family
activities, etc. for consideration. Non-commercial
listings only. Send your listing to [email protected].