Entertainment Magazine: Events
Tucson Entertainment Magazine's Top New Years Eve Parties Events
Saying goodbye to 2017 and ushering in 2018 Tucson-style will be welcomed by hotels, resorts, public parties, nightclubs and bars all around town. Plans for local Tucson New Year's Eve entertainment parties are scheduled at dozens of locations.
Tucson Entertainment Book Sale!
Tucson New Years Eve 2017 Events
Friday, December 29, 2017
- Music for the Soul With George Howard Motown & Soul Review. Let's Dance, 7PM at The Gaslight Music Hall.
Sunday, December 31, 2017
These New Year's Eve parties in Tucson are held at local hotels and Tucson resorts:
- NEW YEAR’S EVE COMEDY MURDER MYSTERY DINNER THEATER & MAGIC SHOW at the Sheraton Tucson Hotel on Grant Road. Unique entertainment- live theater, magic show and dinner package. Doors open at 7:30pm-till after midnight. RSVP 800-266-4800.
- New Year's Eve at Club Congress. Travel Around the World in One Night on Congress Air!
Join the Historic Hotel Congress for a global experience this New Year’s Eve! Ring in 2018 with a trip around the world at the biggest party in town!
- Celebrate Tucson's New Year's Eve event at the DoubleTree Suites Tucson Airport. Festive buffet dinner is provided by the culinary team. Paris-themed costumed attire is welcome.
- New Year’s Eve Rock & Roll Celebration featuring the Retro Rockets. Westward Look Resort Catalina Ballroom 7:30PM to 12:30AM.
- Rock & Roll Extravaganza Sertich Travel Inc.’s Annual New Year’s Eve Rock & Roll Extravaganza features the Retro Rockets. Westward Look Resort Catalina Ballroom 7:30PM to 12:30AM.
- The Ritz-Carlton New Year's Eve dinner from 5:30-9:00pm. An elegant five-course New Year's Eve dinner with live entertainment. 15000 N. Secret Springs Drive. RSVP at 572-3050.
These New Year's Eve parties in Tucson are held at local nightclubs:
- Kinda Kinks performs Music from the British Invasion, such as Kinks, Who, Stones, Beatles, and more. Dec. 31, 8:00p.m. to Jan. 1, 12:30a.m. At Rockabilly Grill.
- Hotel Congress. New Year's Eve party, 8pm-2am.
- Rick Braun’s New Year's Eve Jazz Getaway - JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa. New York theme featuring world-renowned trumpet player Rick Braun along with top-caliber jazz musician headliners for a two day event featuring seven hours of live contemporary jazz. $209-269. Doors open at 6:45 pm.
- Maverick Night Club New Year's Eve party.
- Monterey Court New Year's Eve Party with classic rock by Johnnie and the Rumblers. Free. 207-2429.
- The Spazmatics perform a special New Year’s Eve show at Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment’s Monsoon Nightclub, 9pm. Toast at midnight. Ages 21 and older.
These New Year's Eve and New Year's Day special events are held at local entertainment venues:
- Spend New Year's Eve with The 4GENTS at The Gaslight Music Hall in Oro Valley? They'll be saluting the music of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons and many others in "Valli Fever!"
- Welcome the New Year with bowling and fun! Afternoon Party for families and kids will take place from Noon – 3pm. The Late Night Party will take place 9:00pm – 1:00am. Golden Pins Lanes.
- Golden Pin Lanes Adult New Year's Eve Party. Evening casino style games that include Poker and Black Jack. Family event from noon-3pm, includes bowling, party favors, shoe rental and music videos.
- New Year's at Monsoon Nightclub. Local Latin music favorites Angel Norteño performs a special New Year’s Eve show at Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment’s Monsoon Nightclub. In celebration of the New Year, there will be a toast at midnight.
- Tucson Dragway presents the Hangover Nationals Drag Racing Tournament on New Years Eve.
- Vantage Bowling Centers New Year's Eve Party and Family Cyber Bowl events.
- Casino del Sol New Year's Eve Party 2017 for ages 21 and up. Starts at 10-11:45pm. Free. Call 1-855-765-7829.
Monday, January 1, 2018
- Happy Noon Year at Children's Museum Tucson to ring out the old and ring in the new! Balloon Drop at noon, so even the littlest ones can get in on the New Year's celebration! The celebration is included with regular Museum admission. Members, of course, are free!
- 4th Annual Oro Valley Hot Cocoa 5k, 11:18 am at STeam Pump Ranch, 10901 N. Oracle Road. Number pick up and registration on Saturday, December 31, from 10:00am-2:00pm at the Oro Valley COmmunity Center, 10555 N. La Cañada Drive. Children 12 and under race for free with paying adults. Walkers welcome. T-shirts available for purchase. $20 before race day, $25 on site. Prizes. http://bit.ly/cocoa5k2018
Tucson Restaurant Specials for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day 2018
- Ring in the New Year! An exciting new option for ringing in the New Year will take place this year at the Carriage House at 7pm with light hors d’oeuvres, followed by a fabulous five course, wine paired dinner featuring Janos’ Greatest Hits, and dessert with a sparkling wine toast. Live music.
- DOWNTOWN KITCHEN + COCKTAILS celebrates Christmas Eve in addition to the regular menu.
- KINGFISHER BAR & GRILL New Years Eve: Kingfisher will be open until midnight, last dinner seating at 11pm. Live music.
- Maynards Kitchen is popping corks twice with an East Coast Champagne toast at 10 p.m., for those who want to be home by midnight, and a midnight toast for Tucsonans out to revel the night.
See more December 2017 events in Tucson.
More Things to Do Around Tucson
Even with the heat, there are many things happening in Tucson and many places to go that can provide great relief from the weather. Check today's Tucson event calendar for daily activities.
Tucson, AZ. Attractions
Mt. Lemmon | Gates Pass | Old Tucson | Sabino Canyon Santa Catalina Mountains | More Tucson Attractions
Tucson Dining & Entertainment
Restaurants | Movies | Shopping | Nightlife
Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades
Tucson Entertainment Venues
ATC | Arizona Opera | TCC | Fox Theatre | Downtown Tucson
Tucson Travel Accommodations
Car Rentals | Hotels | Tucson Airport
Travelocity Promotional Codes
Travelocity promotional codes for winter and holiday and holiday travel. Save on hotels, flights and cars with these special promo codes and links.
NEW BOOKS ON TUCSON
Read about the local Tucson entertainment scene from the 1950s through the early 2000s. Hundreds of pages of musician interviews, original photographs and stories. If you played in a band or went to a nightclub during those years, you'll be familiar with many of these people and places. Published by Entertainment Magazine. Now available, at a discount, on Amazon.com. Read sample pages Entertaining Tucson Across the Decades. Find your name or photo!
Learn the legends hidden in the Santa Catalina Mountains
Legends of lost mines, lost cities and a lost mission have been passed down by word of mouth for generations. The most famous legend, the Iron Door Mine, helped launch the early American hunt for gold in the 1850s. Read more about the legends and history in a book of the Treasures of the Santa Catalina Mountains.
© 2014-2018 EMOL.org Tucson Entertainment Magazine. All rights reserved.