Entertainment Magazine: Tucson: Events
Tucson Christmas and Hanukkah holiday events for 2017
Looking for something do to in Tucson during the winter holiday season? There are dozens of kids-friendly Christmas and Hanukkah holiday events celebrated throughout November and December 2017.
Dates and times for some of these events have not been finalized yet. Since they are annual events, follow the links for updated information. More events will be posted as they are received.
These are some of the popular holiday activites and upcoming family winter events in Tucson. Submit your free Tucson holiday event to [email protected]
November 26, 2017
- Irish Christmas in America at 7:00 PM at the Fox Tucson Theatre. Tickets Range from $20-$30. The hugely popular Irish Christmas in America show, now in its 12th season, features top Irish music, song and dance in an engaging performance rich in history, humour and boundless energy.
Tuesday, December 12-13, 2017
- The Nutcracker is performed on December 12 & 13 @ 7pm at Fox Tucson Theatre, 17 W. Congress.
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Friday, December 15 , 2017
Thursday, December 21, 2017
Friday, December 22, 2017
- In the Christmas Mood: A Holiday Music Spectacular on @7:30 PM at the Fox Tucson Theatre Downtown.
- 98° have made their Christmas plans for this year. The group is embarking on a 31-city “98° at Christmas” tour starting in November, highlighting their new album Let It Snow. This special holiday tour arrives at Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment’s Diamond Center on Friday, Dec. 22, 2017. Tickets start at $25.
Submit your free Tucson holiday event to [email protected]
Today's Official Entertainment Book Offers:
Holiday Festivals & Fairs
- Downtown Parade of Lights held downtown at Armory Park, this holiday parade with commercial, non-profit, community entries, Santa, lighted vehicles, floats, music, food and musical groups, free, 6 pm, 520-837-6504.
- First Night Tucson, New Year's Eve Celebration held downtown Tucson, is an alcohol-free New Year's Eve celebration for all ages, with live music, comedy, movies, kids' activities, and more staged at multiple downtown venues on New Year's Eve, plus a fireworks show at midnight, 4 pm - 12:30 am, 520-837-6504.
- Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair is held the first weekend of December all along 4th Avenue near Downtown between Ninth St. and University Blvd. Join tens of thousands of Tucsonans and visitors to see more than 400 arts & craft booths, food, entertainers & musicians from around the US, 2 stages & street performers. Free from 10 am - 6 pm.
- Holiday for the Park at Tohono Chul Park 9 AM. The annual Holiday for the Park's approximately 125 unique ornaments and holiday decorations are offered for sale beginning at 9 AM to 5 PM. Cost / Pricing. $7 adult members, $10 general public, $2 children 12 and under. 7366 N. Paseo Del Norte.
- Holiday Nights at Tohono Chul Park with music, home-baked cookies, shopping, holiday dining, stroll through thousands of twinkling lights, live music, 5:30-8:30 pm, 520-742-6455.
- Indian America New Year's Competition Pow Wow & Indian Craft Market held at Rillito Raceway Park. Watch dancers from more than 50 tribes, authentic handmade craft market, traditional food, drum contest, children's activity area, dance to bring in New Year. 520-622-4900.
- Oro Valley Holiday Festival of the Arts held at the Oro Valley Marketplace. Arts and crafts of all kinds are on display and available for sale at the two-day. Southern Arizona's largest outdoor shopping center. Dozens of local artists will showcase jewelry, ceramics, sculptures, paintings and more. Free festival.
- Tucson Tamal & Heritage Festival held at the AVA Amphitheater. Tucson's top tamale competition and sale, tamales available in gourmet, green corn and traditional varieties, two stages with live music and entertainment, food demonstrations, arts and crafts, children's play area, free, 10 am - 5 pm, 520-838-6700.
- Winterhaven Festival of Lights is one of the longest running festivals of its kind in the country. The Festival of Lights celebrates the holiday season in Tucson and is visited by hundreds of thousands of people from all over southern Arizona.
Holiday Festivals in Southern Arizona
- CASABEL: The 37th Annual Cascabel Community Fair is held on the banks of the San Pedro River at 10am-4pm each day.
- TUBAC: Luminaria Nights: Fiesta de la Navidad - Village of Tubac, hundreds of luminarias line the streets and artist studios, shops open until 9 pm, carolers, homemade food, Santa, free, 5-9 pm, 520-398-2704.
- TUMACACORI: 47th Annual La Fiesta de Tumacacori - celebrating the many cultures that were historically and presently associated with the Santa Cruz Valley, traditional creations of all the cultures including 50 food and craft booths, continuous live entertainment on stage and children’s activities, a Mariachi Mass preceded by a traditional procession on Sunday, free, 10 am - 4 pm, 520-398-2341.
Holiday Sporting Events
- 5th Annual Walk for Kids - UA Mall, join 1,000 walkers supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona, presented by McDonald’s Local Owner/Operators, HSL Properties, and Walgreens, features family activities in a Kids’ Zone, music, snacks, hot beverages, special appearances by Santa Claus, Ronald McDonald, the UA Pep Band and more, registration includes your official Walk for Kids long-sleeved t-shirt, 8 am.
- Jingle Bell Walk held at Reid Park. This popular Tucson events has jingle bells on the shoes of 100s of people walking & running a 5K, costumes, food, fun, children's activities, free T-shirt, $35 minimum pledge for Arthritis Foundation, check in at 9 am, 520-917-7070.
- USTA National Winter Tennis Championships at the Reffkin Tennis Center is a top-rated 12- and under-14-year-old tennis players compete in major, annual United States Tennis Association (USTA) sanctioned event, 520-791-4896.
- Winterhaven Run Through the Lights in Winterhaven Square. 5K fun run through the lights of the Winterhaven neighborhood, flat, paved course, closed to automobiles, festive, holiday attire is encouraged, free, 6 pm, 520-326-9383.
- Zoo Lights at Reid Park Zoo. Twinkling lights and jingle bells, Santa Claus, and holiday decor, music, and refreshments, $1-4, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, 6-8 pm, 520-791-4022.
Tucson Holiday Music Events
- "Christmas at San Xavier" held at the Mission San Xavier del Bac. This is one of Tucson's top choirs during Christmas in Tucson, The Sons of Orpheus in collaboration with the Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus to benefit the restoration and preservation of the Mission, 6 & 8 pm,
- La Fiesta de Guadalupe held at De Grazia Gallery in the Sun on the grounds of adobe gallery and chapel built by foremost Southwestern painter, the late Ted DeGrazia, spirited outdoor performances by mariachi groups, folklorico dancers, traditional Yaqui deer dances, ethnic foods, La Posada procession, arts and crafts, free, 10 am - 4 pm, 520-299-9191 or 800-545-2185.
- Las Posadas Procession at the Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School. Since 1936, Schoolchildren walk through Barrio Historico neighborhood reenacting the Christmas story, free, 5:30 pm food and music, 7:30 pm procession begins, 520-225-1200.
- Luminaria Nights at the Tucson Botanical Gardens. Browse the gardens to see 2,000 traditional luminarias, cider & cookies, music by 30 different musical groups, from madrigal singers to classical music, $3-9, 5:30-8 pm, 520-326-9686.
- A Tucson Pastorela at the TCC Leo Rich Theatre. Borderlands Theater presents a uniquely Tucson nativity story, features shepherds, sheep and a dog on a magical journey to Bethlehem, led by the shining estrella (star) and accompanied by Christmas carols in Spanish and English, includes pinatas for the kids, $10.75-20.75, 7:30 pm.
Christmas Tree Lots
- Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus Christmas Tree Lot is staffed by Chorus members and their parents, and has been a traditional holiday fundraiser for the non-profit group. The lot will be open through December 22, from 12:00 noon to 9:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays, 10:00AM to 9:00PM Fridays and Saturdays and 10:00AM to 7:00 PM on Sundays.
Hannukah Family Events in Tucson
There will be several major Hanukkah (Hanukkah or Chanukah) December events in Tucson sponsored by the Tucson Jewish Community Center.
- Hanukkah Mall Madness at Park Place is held Sunday, December from 1:00-3:00pm. Free crafts, games and food.
- Tucson's Festival of Lights for Hanukkah takes place at Temple Emanu-El. This year's theme is The Greatest Hanukah on Earth with a brisket and latke dinner.
This Week's Online Offers for Tucson restaurants
|Have Your Tucson Events Posted Free: Tucson-area non-profit groups and community organizations can post Tucson event listings for free. Email your Tucson event, presentation, workshop, family activities, etc. for consideration. Non-commercial listings only. Send your listing to [email protected].